• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tiny bubbles?

bigkahuna_305

recently i have had to hand swipe to get rid of these bubbles, i use a manual cold laminator, maybe its time for a new one? any recommendations on something affordable? not $1000 lol

Attachments

• 20201130_121834.jpg
    20201130_121834.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 365

Tessellate

http://www.generalformulations.com/...acf1-ef41253b99a7/Silvering-in-Laminates.aspx

Looks like slivering to me. Increase pressure (within reason) and slow your speed down. If you have heat assist turn it on before lamination.

My shop is in Toronto - when the cold weather comes around we need to let our lam sit for a day to temperate adjust after delivery. The cold from the un-heated delivery trucks would cause this slivering in the lam adhesive quite aggressively if we didn’t.

bigkahuna_305

http://www.generalformulations.com/...acf1-ef41253b99a7/Silvering-in-Laminates.aspx

Looks like slivering to me. Increase pressure (within reason) and slow your speed down. If you have heat assist turn it on before lamination.

My shop is in Toronto - when the cold weather comes around we need to let our lam sit for a day to temperate adjust after delivery. The cold from the un-heated delivery trucks would cause this slivering in the lam adhesive quite aggressively if we didn’t.

i will try to increase the pressure and slow down my crank, it isnt cold here in south GA well its chilly for us lol think it was in the lower 60's upper 50's and we use those amazon cold laminators

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
:thankyou: Gino - that song has been going through my head since I read this thread title this morning. Now that I've listened to it, it's gone!

Boudica

<iframe width="1048" height="590" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boudica

Trying to stop it is futile...
<iframe width="1048" height="590" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those didn't work.... anyay, not for me. I'll get ya one, later on. Going home for now. Stay tuned.

Boudica

Hah ha... hit me with your best shot. doh - now I've done it again. to myself. this is a hazardous game. :oops:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I've had inspector gadget stuck in my head for a solid 2 months. I even started whistling it for about 1/2 the day. Guess we all need a habit

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Buy some cigarettes. )))) ))

Anyway, bigk...... why are you upset at my post ?? Seriously, I thought the title, along with the players fit right into your question and your name/avatar. Besides, it's kinda basic knowledge that silvering goes away with time from 20 minutes to a few hours. So, may I give your OP a thumbs down ??