• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tips for getting back print nozzles - SP540v

hunterp

I would love to hear what has worked for you. Black \ blue head needs some recovery. Let it sit? Warm it up? Run a long print? Run a bunch of short ones? Roll the dice? Consult the stars? Let's hear it.

otctech

We have xc-540s but I can say a syringe is your best friend when trying to recover nozzles. Whenever I have missing nozzles first thing I do is put a syringe on the capping station of that head and the other head that's on the same pump to see if there is a good seal. If there isn't a good seal I clean the capping station and try again. Once I get a good seal I pull some ink through then do a regular cleaning. For me this works 95% of the time. For me the #1 cause of losing nozzles is that the capping station gets dirty and doesn't make a good seal on the head. When that happens both heads that are connected to that pump can go dry because the pump is sucking nothing but air when you do a cleaning. Again this is for a xc-540 not a sp540v. Not sure how different the machines are.

hunterp

Thanks for that advice. Though i hope i never have to use a syringe near my printer!

I replaced the black\blue cap top and a "powerful" cleaning later, the head is back to working like it was. Not perfect but 90% there. I guess suction was really low. Glad I hesitated on pulling the DX4 trigger ( for now ). Lesson learned. Replace cap tops regularly. Next time in there i will replace dampers. Anything else I should be buying now?

tciou

Maintenance is where you should focus, meaning that if you print every day then you should clean the wipers and caps regurlarly. Take a swab, dive it in some solvent and clean the wipers as well as the caps.
Check this