• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tips For Laminating Large Print With Big Squeegee

Speedsterbeast

I want to laminate a 10' print on an 8' table with my big squeegee (30" wide)

It is unlikely that I can find a place to make a seam and flip it around and do it in two steps.

Has anyone ever laminated half a print, moved the print back on the table, and continued laminating, or is the only outcome ahead wrinkles and bubbles and a wrecked print.
I think if I trim the laminate narrower than the media (so the lam won't stick to the glass table surface) it may be possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TheSnowman

I've done that laying down prints...but I've always had trouble, so I just lay them on the floor now to do them if they're big. Laminating I'd think you'll be mad.

wildside

i think you will be headed for a reprint if you attempt it, i never figured out the big squeegee, never got it to work very well at all other than masking stuff, a real laminator is what you need for this project

JHLC

I do it just as you described all the time. Just be sure to keep a little tension on the squeegee while you stop and reposition your print. It really is better when you have an extra set of hands.