• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tips for printing static cling on edge & then cutting them

mrbid

Hello, I'll getting ready to print a bunch of static clings on edge 2
using gerbers static cling and 1 spot foil

been years since printing any static clings

looking for any and all tips You all can give me.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

jfiscus

Rap Master
If the cling is going on the inside of the window then you will need to reverse print on clear cling. (edge printed clings do not stick to windows with heavy coverage) Otherwise, it's pretty straight forwards like all other Edge jobs.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I find it helpful to fold a strip of application tape over the two plastic wipers to keep the cling from sticking to them as it scrolls back and forth.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You still don't want to print on a surface that will be in contact with the glass. You will get some resin transfer after a short time.

spanky22

Perfect fix

I find it helpful to fold a strip of application tape over the two plastic wipers to keep the cling from sticking to them as it scrolls back and forth.

The transfer tape on the back feed roller helped 100%.
Thanks so much.
Before this, I had to cut my prints by hand because the static cling would keep sticking to the roller.

:thumb: