• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tips for reviving FB750 heads please

PrintItBig

Hi,

We have some heads for our FB750 that were loaded into the machine, never actually used to print, then taken out again. So they are brand new but they have had ink inside them. When removing the heads we flushed them through with some print head flush. They then sat for a year or so. When an engineer tried to install the heads again he couldn't get them working and suggested we use an Ultrasonic Cleaner and some Acetone to try and get them working again.

We now have an ultrasonic cleaner and some Acetone but I'm nervous to use the Acetone.

Questions...

1) Is Acetone a good idea or should we stick to the print head flush?

2) Is the ultrasonic cleaner a good idea or should we just soak them and how long for?

3) I assume we just submerge the metal part of the head?

4) Does it matter if the black plastic part above comes in contact with cleaning fluid?

The heads aren't cheap so we'd really like to get them going.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

netsol

i would start here

vlad invented the printhead doctor and is pretty much the expert on this sort of things.

my impression is, the EARLIER in the process you send a head in, the more likely you are to have a happy ending

netsol

they are in canada, for what it's worth

i figure you might have a better chance with vlad, at least the head will come back working

for eco solvent inks you would use acetone and butyl carbitol and butyl cellosolve (generally 20% acetone and 40%/40% on the other 2)

we bought a knock off print head doctor on ebay

netsol

bought a year or two back, on ebay

Attachments

• image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 63