• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tips needed for New Owner of a Roland SP-540i

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
I'm writing this post to hopefully learn from those of you who have a Roland printer / plotter. We are accustomed to designing, paneling and sending out our designs to be printed. Our new SP-540i, take-up reel and 55" heat assist Drytac laminator is on order and should be delivered and set up next week.

We will be receiving training on the equipment, but I'd like to be ahead of the curve on this venture by asking for helpful advice. Perhaps what to ask the tech when they're working with us so that I can get some of the basic questions that might be over looked answered when they're with us.

Thanks in advance and needless to say we're excited to begin printing our own wraps, banners, perforated vinyl and other sign projects in-house!

:signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101:

animenick65

Use the Roland color swatches. Print out books of swatches for each material. If you laminate, choose some of your most popular laminates and laminate your swatches as well. Use this as a reference guide. If you need a PMS color, break out your PMS book and match it to the swatches. Customers can just pick a swatch from a book and you know you can hit that color because you actually printed it.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you will really like that printer. There are a lot of good videos here with in-depth explanations of various printer and VersaWorks features:

http://rolanddga.com/gallery/video/?category=dgaSupport&anchor=yes&tab=3#tab3

I'd also encourage you to check out our weekly webinar series. The fee is waived for registered owners, and recordings are available after the event.

http://rolanddga.com/training/workshops/detail.aspx?cid={24b20f05-30b2-df11-a2e0-00505684649c}