• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tips on installing large print on a single sheet?

0igo

last week i did a huge install on a wall and came out nice. i used the help i got from you guys (thank you) which made the install a bazillion times easier. i tried the same technique on his truck but that was a fail. how could i install this on single sheet? help please

ps that pic is actually a fail lol. hard part is getting it up and below the curves.

Attachments

• cee.jpg
    cee.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20151120_093355.jpg
    20151120_093355.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 88

Billct2

So what did you do a vertical center hinge?
This would require a horizontal center hinge, and preferably a helper

I would say you could do either a horizontal or vertical hinge. But your going to need to lay the entire flat section down first before you start on any of the curves. Then start from center working your way out doing the curves on top and bottom. As you lay the center your just going to lay the vinyl down and leave the top and bottom flappy.

A partial wet wrap would probably help also. By partial I mean doing the middle section wet and as you come to the outsides spray them so they don't get stuck before you come back around and lay the curves down. Unless the company wants to drive the truck away immediately.

Last edited:

0igo

So what did you do a vertical center hinge?
This would require a horizontal center hinge, and preferably a helper

yeah i did a verticle center hinge. which i noticed was a big mistake. ill try a horizontal hinge. thats going to be a long piece of tape lol

0igo

I would say you could do either a horizontal or vertical hinge. But your going to need to lay the entire flat section down first before you start on any of the curves. Then start from center working your way out doing the curves on top and bottom. As you lay the center your just going to lay the vinyl down and leave the top and bottom flappy.

A partial wet wrap would probably help also. By partial I mean doing the middle section wet and as you come to the outsides spray them so they don't get stuck before you come back around and lay the curves down. Unless the company wants to drive the truck away immediately.

no i have a couple days to do this. i like your idea of doing the top and bottom parts last.. i didnt do that before and thats where i messed up the most. do you suggest i cut the backing of the material top and bottom part off? and then just peel the backing after i place the middle section?

CanuckSigns

yeah i did a verticle center hinge. which i noticed was a big mistake. ill try a horizontal hinge. thats going to be a long piece of tape lol

Get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Cutter-Assorted-Colors-14-RC/dp/B002DHC6FA

cut a 1" wide slit out of the backerpaper along the long edge (horizontal), use that 1" of vinyl adhesive to secure the image in place, once that is down, you can remove the backer paper from above and apply normally, then do the bottom. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to apply the whole side. no tape needed

0igo

Get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Cutter-Assorted-Colors-14-RC/dp/B002DHC6FA

cut a 1" wide slit out of the backerpaper along the long edge (horizontal), use that 1" of vinyl adhesive to secure the image in place, once that is down, you can remove the backer paper from above and apply normally, then do the bottom. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to apply the whole side. no tape needed

thank you so so so much! you made my day so much easier! again thank you

Tim4

These magnets take the place of a lot of tape. I would do the "slit the backing in the middle" as addressed in another post.

Attachments

• wrap mag.jpg
    wrap mag.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 90

0igo

Glad to help, once I found that cutter it's made installs so much easier! Let me know how it works for you

it worked 100% better! thank you so much. it took me about 30-45 minutes each side but it came out flawless. i didnt use any water. seriously i was impressed at how much easier it was. thank you again. :)