• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tips on redrawing this

Lindsay

Wondering if someone knowledgeable person could give me a few tips on how to recreate the yellow design in Illustrator CS2. Other than drawing each segment. Need to end up with a EPS/AI file for cutting.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• graphic.jpg
    graphic.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 84

TheSnowman

Can't see it at all because it's so tiny...but might be something you could send to the Vector Doctor if it's a decent size file.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I wouldn't redraw each segment. The best way to do it is to set each of the circles down and then perform Pathfinder knockouts and merges. It's a good practice job to learn how those tools work.

Approach it as if you are a draftsperson using a compass with a pencil and and eraser.

Lindsay

I wouldn't redraw each segment. The best way to do it is to set each of the circles down and then perform Pathfinder knockouts and merges. It's a good practice job to learn how those tools work.

Approach it as if you are a draftsperson using a compass with a pencil and and eraser.

Thanks Fred for the tip.

I'll tackle this tonight when things are quieter.

Sorry about the small image. Best I had.

iSign

rather obvious, I'd think... but just in case...

...rotate it first, then lock it, then set some horizontal and vertical guidelines... then you should be able to draw a pretty quick oval... then you should be able to use repeats of that in many (or all?) cases...

then do as Fred suggested!

Lindsay

rather obvious, I'd think... but just in case...

...rotate it first, then lock it, then set some horizontal and vertical guidelines... then you should be able to draw a pretty quick oval... then you should be able to use repeats of that in many (or all?) cases...

then do as Fred suggested!

I previously got as far as the ovals and repeats.
Where I got stuck was how to create the tapers on each segment.
Without doing it the hard way that is.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

I'll try the suggestions later today.