• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tips on vehicle window perf install

KudzuKenny

Sorry if I got lost, but is there a really effective solution if the edges of the perf are already starting to peel away from the edges of the window?

I rarely inset my window perf when installing. I usually apply right to the window edge and cut it along the glass line or the rubber seal line depending on whats there. What we have found to be sucessful is to use Primer 94 along the window edges. Use a small brush and run it around the outter edges of the window. Apply dry and there you go. Haven't had a problem yet. ONE huge thing though is if there is residual moisture under the rubber seals. If there is moisture there it will creep out and under your perf every time. So you gotta make sure the vehicle is COMPLETELY dry even in those hard to reach places. Other then then the Primer 94 works great.

Oh and Sheet lam for sure. Visiblility by liquid lam is useless if the holes that the driver sees through get clogged with dirt, rain, etc. Seems like a no brainer to me.

this!