• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tire Tracks on my Banners

SAR.Summerlin

So I have been having this problem for a while and HP is no help. I have a call into someone else but while I wait for them to call me back maybe you good people can help.

When ever I try to print a dark background on a banner such as brown or grey I am getting these for lack of a better term tire tracks on them as shown in the picture. I have tried 2 different rolls of matte material and every setting I have in Flexi for banner.

Now please take into account I am new at this so any solutions will need to explained to me in detail as I am still learning how to change settings.

Attachments

• Tired Treads.jpg
    Tired Treads.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 153

DougWestwood

We had the same problem on our new HP 28500. It seemed to get better with MATTE banner material, not GLOSS. Also, we added a 6" - 10" blank margin at the top of the print, so that the machine and the material are definitely at the proper temperature when the ink stars to flow.
Good Luck!

Those are roller marks from the media feed system. They can be a challenge to eliminate, but their visibility varies widely from media to media. For example, Ultraflex and house brands made by them (banner medias) seem to not exhibit this, whereas other, competitive products may.

Other factors that are related to this (either making the problem more or less evident) are the temperature settings used in the Media Profile (print heat setting), as well as the humidity and temperature of your print environment. This time of year (Winter), many areas tend to experience very low humidity. The HP Latex printers should be operated in environments above 25 - 30% relative humidity at the lowest.

the graphics co

I had this same problem, seems the only fix is to use a different brand of material. Otherwise, you will have to mess with it every time you load that material which is a huge headache. Use your leftovers of that roll for cut vinyl banners and call it a day.

I have had success with ultraflexx banners and Banner Corp.

sowinski_t

+1 for Ultraflex. That's pretty much the only kind of banner we stock, and I've yet to see this problem on any of their products. I have seen some (cheaper) banners do this, and in my experience if a drop in the drying (not curing) temperature doesn't fix it, you are pretty much out of luck. Unless somebody else has a solution for this ofcourse. :)

SAR.Summerlin

Well I have to order a new roll of material anyway so i will give the ultraflex a shot. Thanks for your help. If anyone has any other ideas just post them and I can give them a shot.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We recently tested some Cooley flex banner for the Latex and it was great...by leaps and bounds even over ultraflexx. Both glossy and matte printed fantastic. We were quite impressed with the 39in roll as well as the 10'6in roll we got on our 850. In Nevada...you should be able to get cooley easily as it seems to be positioned on the West Coast mostly right now.

mudmedia

We recently tested some Cooley flex banner for the Latex and it was great...by leaps and bounds even over ultraflexx. Both glossy and matte printed fantastic. We were quite impressed with the 39in roll as well as the 10'6in roll we got on our 850. In Nevada...you should be able to get cooley easily as it seems to be positioned on the West Coast mostly right now.

who sales the cooley over here do you know?

EVOKE

So I have been having this problem for a while and HP is no help. I have a call into someone else but while I wait for them to call me back maybe you good people can help.

When ever I try to print a dark background on a banner such as brown or grey I am getting these for lack of a better term tire tracks on them as shown in the picture. I have tried 2 different rolls of matte material and every setting I have in Flexi for banner.

Now please take into account I am new at this so any solutions will need to explained to me in detail as I am still learning how to change settings.

its from the plastic pressure rollers that hold the media down when its feeding out. for some reason HP has a strange design on their rollers this is awesome when you are trying to print on glossy photo paper. There is really no way to avoid it at all.

KevSign

We are printing with Matte 14oz from Nusign Supply work great from start to end of the roll.
14oz we paid as 13oz price complete difference from other stock.

Just print on 14oz gloss only 38" on LX850 for a client want high gloss print great.

bigben

I have this problem on the first generation of ultraflex 18oz double side banner material. Now with their LTX version, it fine. I also have this problem with ultraflex fabritac and I have to lower the temperation way down to correct it.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
Try lowering your temps. I'm running Grimco's forward/key 13oz banner at 122/212 at 10 pass and don't get the roller marks any more.