• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tire Tracks? Pipe dream or possibility??

Does anyone know where I could get a set of tire tracks? I'm doing a banner for a GOOD friend and it's for an offroad event... Leave it up to the wife to have such an awsome idea...

I was thinking about running a tire track across the sign, like it was run over... but I'm coming up with a blank on where to find one...

Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah, might be a pipe dream at 12am est...but I figured I'd ask. I went through ALL of my images with NO luck...

I'm not the best in converting them, and I've found some jpg's on line of them and I'm giving it a whirl... but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask where I could get a set of them. OFF road type of tires would be awsome, but any set would be cool right about now :)

Ok. I'm about to go lay the banner under one of my cars and run over it. LOL Not working too well. I'm sure it's operator error/inexperience...

Are there any good resources so that I can work on my drawing 'skills' and learn more about the process? I have no problem with some simple items, but I know that's an area I REALLY need to work on. I don't wanna be using images from CD's all the time. I'd like to learn the business, not just how to click and cut...

It all depends on what you term to be "simple". A good set of books comes from Sams Publishing - "Learn ?????? in 24 hours". They are infromative and will teach you to get around nicely.

As for learning to draw - watch, read and practice. It does not come easy at all, nor quickly. As for the "click and cut", the reason that those images exist is to make money by saving time - not just for people that cannot truly draw.

Just FYI, IMO, drawing is what John Deaton, from Deaton's Graphics, does.

iSign

Outline Graphics said:
Are there any good resources so that I can work on my drawing 'skills' and learn more about the process?

...yeah... signs101 !!

here you go...
1. locate & steal suitable internet design
2. past .jpg into illustrator & lock it
3. redraw basic vector shapes over locked .jpg
(use a color you can see what you're doing)
4. repeat basic shape & assign transparent grey
5. design how & where 2 treads might look cool.

treads.jpg

njsigns

Nice Doug! Good tip too! This is what signs101 should be about - all the time (well most of the time)

Gene :thumb:

WB

yeah Interco tires have a really aggressive tread pattern, I'd use the TSL pattern it's much better then just a regular truck pattern. I have seen them around, our Jeep club has the treads going across our home page.

here you can see the pattern in the back ground http://www.nbjeepclub.ca/soopPortal/

There is a dingbat font that comes with Windows called Tracks that has a decent tire track you could use. There is also a free font called Eagle GT II you could download...you could make your text look like tire tracks.

iSign

Nice looking tread graphic WB. I like that it is rough instead of computer perfect.

I think next time I need tread patterns, I'll do them the way I showed first, then print a small segment real large in black... then scan & auto-trace for a slightly rougher look, since true "tracks" are just impressions in dirt... they shouldn't be as perfect as the pattern might have been on an actual tire.