Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all I Apologize !!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by steriltech, Apr 7, 2007.

1. steriltech

steriltech Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Ok not to long ago I posted a thread and got sent to the guillotine for misspelling some words. At first I was hating really bad in fact I was considering sending lose my collection of plastic army men to get those who had come down on me!

I was really beaten up for a misspelling so a friend had ask me for a favor to do vinyl on his trucks so I agreed..after 3 days I was done came out awesome but then it happend! BAM! 3 misspelled words on all the trucks I looked-N- felt like a idiot! and I even didn't save it shut everything down. Well after banging my head [​IMG] It dawned on me you guys are all Correct spelling is everything! and I just wanted to say to those who I was a little harsh to:

I"M SORRY!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Communication is great. Whether we understand each other face to face or in written form, it always helps to try and get your point across. Spelling, misuse of words, punctuation…. just about everything helps on the internet. In addition, I believe colloquialisms play a big part.

No need to apologize….. anyway not to me. Put your new found tool to work and have fun. :thumb:

Most of the time, spelling errors are funny; it’s when one’s point is missed because of them that start so many flaming situations. :rolleyes:

3. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

Oh, yeah, and there's nobody else here who EVER Mis-pells words. LOL :tongue: No worries dude. But, thanks for being vulnerable and stating your heart on this. That's cool man. :thumb: And I apologize if I were one of the jerks giving you a bad time at all about it. Sometimes I pick on petty crap like that as well.

Cheers,
    Gear

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Go ahed ana mizpell ah yuo wanna! JUST NOT ON A SIGN, for god sakes! LOL :thumb:

5. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Ive mispeld plenti a wordz beforr . . . jest led id goh en muv ohn !

6. mountainmang

mountainmang Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    yeah it sucks for sure! i installed a storefront graphic two weeks ago and was very happy with it. the first thing the lady said is "you misspelled boutique!" i tried to tell her in kentucky it was spelled "botique" but she didn't buy it :Big Laugh

7. advadv

advadv Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I've had my share of spelling errors, as most of us have. I think a lot of mistakes are made in the excitement of the design. So, I use these types of communications; posts and emails, as an opportunity to practice correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. But, ya know, hits happens.

Joe

8. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

Shake it offff no one is perfect

9. steriltech

steriltech Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Thanks to all who have replied....

10. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    congrats on growing a thick skin we are sometimes really hard on Noobs but most time for their own good like pricing, spelling, & the such. better here than to customer

11. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Have you ever wrapped a vehicle and discovered that all 4 sides have the same wrong spelling?

I have!

12. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    well I just told a customer to get an f'n education... & now he doesn't want me for his sign guy anymore... so you were partly right too...

$#!T ...here come his army men now :Oops:

13. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Care to elaborate :help:

14. trauts

trauts Member

Apr 21, 2005
    nuff sed

15. indepmo

indepmo Member

Apr 22, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    it was a joke... my way of saying it takes two to tangle

...but stepping back in the ring to shake hands is cool.

...although I did almost fire a client today... he is probably gone (I should be so lucky) ...but I didn't force that decision... I just mildly encouraged it.

17. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    A work-around is to show the client a proof of the job before print/cutting and installing..then it is in their hands. "You said it was good to go.."
    But really..every effort must be made to prevent these things.
    Shoot.. a while back I made a sign that said:
    Bottles
    Propane
    instead of:
    Propane
    Bottles
    I caught that before I sent it out but it was reflective vinyl on an aluminum composite panel. ( Grab stick....beat head) lol...
    Hey, we all take our lumps...
    Cheers!
    Ken

18. vid

vid Very Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    California
    eeeeeeeeyah... think you had a bad day...

(from MSN/Fox Sports)

Fortunately, I've never mispelled anything :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

19. Rich

Rich Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Sign people have always been the Worst at spelling! Just ask my wife about that 40ft banner I.......aw, never mind!!

20. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I can't spell for $#!+ but spell check needs to be checked too..