• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To all I Apologize !!

steriltech

Ok not to long ago I posted a thread and got sent to the guillotine for misspelling some words. At first I was hating really bad in fact I was considering sending lose my collection of plastic army men to get those who had come down on me!

I was really beaten up for a misspelling so a friend had ask me for a favor to do vinyl on his trucks so I agreed..after 3 days I was done came out awesome but then it happend! BAM! 3 misspelled words on all the trucks I looked-N- felt like a idiot! and I even didn't save it shut everything down. Well after banging my head It dawned on me you guys are all Correct spelling is everything! and I just wanted to say to those who I was a little harsh to:

I"M SORRY!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Communication is great. Whether we understand each other face to face or in written form, it always helps to try and get your point across. Spelling, misuse of words, punctuation…. just about everything helps on the internet. In addition, I believe colloquialisms play a big part.

No need to apologize….. anyway not to me. Put your new found tool to work and have fun. :thumb:

Most of the time, spelling errors are funny; it’s when one’s point is missed because of them that start so many flaming situations. :rolleyes:

Geary

Oh, yeah, and there's nobody else here who EVER Mis-pells words. LOL :tongue: No worries dude. But, thanks for being vulnerable and stating your heart on this. That's cool man. :thumb: And I apologize if I were one of the jerks giving you a bad time at all about it. Sometimes I pick on petty crap like that as well.

Cheers,
Gear

mountainmang

yeah it sucks for sure! i installed a storefront graphic two weeks ago and was very happy with it. the first thing the lady said is "you misspelled boutique!" i tried to tell her in kentucky it was spelled "botique" but she didn't buy it :Big Laugh

advadv

I've had my share of spelling errors, as most of us have. I think a lot of mistakes are made in the excitement of the design. So, I use these types of communications; posts and emails, as an opportunity to practice correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. But, ya know, hits happens.

Joe

Cadmn

congrats on growing a thick skin we are sometimes really hard on Noobs but most time for their own good like pricing, spelling, & the such. better here than to customer

iSign

well I just told a customer to get an f'n education... & now he doesn't want me for his sign guy anymore... so you were partly right too...

$#!T ...here come his army men now :Oops:

indepmo

funny_sign_03.jpg

signbmup.jpg

iSign

it was a joke... my way of saying it takes two to tangle

...but stepping back in the ring to shake hands is cool.

...although I did almost fire a client today... he is probably gone (I should be so lucky) ...but I didn't force that decision... I just mildly encouraged it.

Ken

A work-around is to show the client a proof of the job before print/cutting and installing..then it is in their hands. "You said it was good to go.."
But really..every effort must be made to prevent these things.
Shoot.. a while back I made a sign that said:
Bottles
Propane
instead of:
Propane
Bottles
I caught that before I sent it out but it was reflective vinyl on an aluminum composite panel. ( Grab stick....beat head) lol...
Hey, we all take our lumps...
Cheers!
Ken

vid

eeeeeeeeyah... think you had a bad day...

(from MSN/Fox Sports)

Fortunately, I've never mispelled anything :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 101WestVirgina.jpg
    101WestVirgina.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 139