• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To all you installers/wrappers

TintTech

hahaha wrappers sounds like rappers. Anyways, I've done tint/clear bra for 5-6 years. I started getting into wraps last year and it was such a nice transition with the clear bra background(I find vinyl to be way more forgiving and easier to work than clear bra). I've done roofs, interior trims, entire cars, motorcycles, etc... but now I want to be more involved with it. I'm finding it hard to know where to go from here. I'm not a guy with 10 years experience like some of you but I know a fair amount of it and I was wondering what do I do now. I'd really like to dedicate myself to just wrapping from now on but since I'm kind of new to wraps I dont know how do you get a job at a company that does vehicle wraps. I've emailed a bunch of them and no replies. I wouldnt even mind going as an apprentice either. I'm even willing to relocate but I really dont know where to go from here. Any input?

Thanks guys.

WrapperX

Just apply to every and all installation business that you can find. Somewhere somehow someone will be looking for a new installer. The bum wrap ;) of it is that alot of the sole installer places want people who are expereinced and who are quick.

You might have better luck looking into a sign shop that does some small wrap volume and inquire to them about paying for a training class. Otherwise, start saving your pennies and find a training course that you can afford to pay for yourself and get professionally trained.

I was fortunate enough to start with a company that was just thinking about getting into vinyl. After they hired me, I told them about my experience in Vinyl installations and that I was very interested in advancing my skills via a training. The company dove head first and invested in the whole 9 yds - a digital printer a large plotter - the works and they flew in Rob Ivers and He, myself, and another guy they hired did a 1 week 60 hour Training and it was the best thing that could've happened to me. I was fortunate enough to land that gig pretty easily. I wish you the best in your ventures in Wrap Installations.

drive

There are some guys from Denver around here. Hopefully they will chime in or PM you.
Bump your thread if you have to. :)
Good luck!

HulkSmash

we're actually looking to hire another wrapper starting a few weeks. Are you currently employed? Do you have your own business?
We're looking for someone to invest in and send on trips to get trained. We're getting more and more wraps every month.

send me your resume - adam@coloradosigns.com

Craig Sjoquist

Now if I had that many years installing tint, wraps, car bras etc. and no full time job or one I liked, I be saving up money... buy what is needed, a van or box truck advertise to shops in a area, travel as far as needed or want to handle, and enjoy life.

TintTech

^^ not sure if you know what clear bra/tint involves. You can't really do it mobile. There are to many factors that limit you from doing it mobil. You need a control environment, no dust, etc.... A lot of people that do it mobile dont do a job as great as someone that doesn't do it mobile