• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To go for UV Printer or not..

kwwong

Hi All,

Wish to seek your advise.

Currently I am using HP Latex Printer to print on adhesive vinyl, and then paste it on plastic sheets such as 1.0mm HIPS, 2.0mm Acrylic or 3.0mm Aluminum Composite Panel.
Sometimes I do print on transparent sticker (reversed printing), paste it on transparent Acrylic, then laminate another white sticker as background.
The signs that I make are mostly for industrial use such as warning signs, prohibition signs, various safety signs, etc.

As the print + cut + paste process is kinda slow and sometimes the end products' quality are not always good (due to bubble or dust during the lamination/pasting process), I am wondering whether getting a UV Printer would help to improve my productivity and product quality or not.
My current volume is not big. Averagely my HP Latex Printer's utilization rate is around 4-5 hours per day. Having said that, I can see that my business volume is starting to pick up & increase.

Would it be a wise choice for me to go for UV Printer at this stage?
I am thinking to have the UV Printer to print directly on hard substrates such as plastic sheets or ACP, and use my existing HP Latex Printer to print softer material.

What would be a good entry-level UV Printer for my requirement?
I came to know about HP FB550 & FB750, with conveyor belt system, which looks like a good choice to have continuous flow of printing (by feeding the plastic sheets continuously from the back).
However, I've read comments on this forum that said something about flatbed UV is better, etc.

Please advise. Thank you.