• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To "graphic up" todays vehicles

peavey123

Hey all,

Today's vehicles have so much style to them that I find simple graphic jobs can sometimes be a challenge. They have very prominent lines and shapes to them unlike the cars from the 90's and early 2000's. Take the new Ford Fiesta for example (attached below). Look at those lines. They really stick out.

Anyways, I had a customer come in wanting just their logo and contact information on the doors, as well as the back hatch. I found myself scratching my head for a moment wondering how I was going to make this look any good. The lines of the vehicle seem to go against doing anything simple.
I felt like I had to make the logo really small so it wouldn't overlap the body lines. I wanted to put the text on a slant to match the lines but that looks awful. The car just didn't seem to suit the application. I wish I could post the actual layout. I'm thinking I'm going to sell them on a partial wrap of both side doors. Don't even get me started on the back. ha

Am I making sense? or just being a diva? haha Anyone find new vehicles to be a challenege for certain layouts? Advice?

Attachments

• euro-spec-2011-ford-fiesta-on-new-york-city-side-street_100179858_l.jpg
    euro-spec-2011-ford-fiesta-on-new-york-city-side-street_100179858_l.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator: