• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To Protect the Innocent...............

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I blurred out the phone number in case this is someone here, but I highly doubt they are.

This is no way to advertise your business with other businesses in your own industry.

Rather than play a game of pick out the mistakes and laugh at this guy..... let's use this as an educational piece as what not to do in your own ad.

There was also a separate e-mail which had so many spelling errors, it wasn't even funny. He spelled his own name wrong three times in a simple paragraph.
Anyway.... here goes.............
sing ad.jpg
Okay class....... put on your thinking caps and let's go to work on improving this ad.

mikey-Oh

Fully commit to the Se Hablo Espanol Pac-Man
Back to the drawing board with the rest...

Is this a business card, flyer, webpage??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Fully commit to the Se Hablo Espanol Pac-Man
Back to the drawing board with the rest...

Is this a business card, flyer, webpage??

Part of an e-mail. The written part is worse. The misspellings and it goes on to say they've been around since 1989 in my area and I never heard of them at all.

TheSnowman

They obviously just got a new version of Publisher that they were trying out. That looks like a publisher document if I've ever seen one.

Jim Doggett

I blurred out the phone number in case this is someone here, but I highly doubt they are.

This is no way to advertise your business with other businesses in your own industry.

Rather than play a game of pick out the mistakes and laugh at this guy..... let's use this as an educational piece as what not to do in your own ad.

There was also a separate e-mail which had so many spelling errors, it wasn't even funny. He spelled his own name wrong three times in a simple paragraph.
Anyway.... here goes.............
Okay class....... put on your thinking caps and let's go to work on improving this ad.

By incorporating one or two more design elements and styles, as well as some added fonts for REAL variety, I think you're home free.

Kidding. You've violated about every rule you possibly could have, including what should be on your voicemail outgoing message rather than a simple CALL XXX.XXX.XXXX, or merely XXX.XXX.XXXX.

Who are you?
What need do you serve?
Web? Phone?

That's it, with as few confusing / distracting elements as possible -- AND ONE FONT FAMILY, that's an easy read.

IMHO,

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jim.... in all fairness, there was a website, e-mail and phone on there in the purple triangle, but I wiped it out so on one would bother this guy. I also wiped out his personal name.

What you see is what I got in an e-mail this morning. And it came into everyone's e-mail address here at the shop. I'm sure there are some others on s101 in my area, that have also received this advertisement.

For Stacy.... this was the e-mail portion:

Thank you for choosing D-Sings Co. for all your signs, banners, digital printing, neon lightning, illuminated signs and service and repair needs. We are confident that you will be very satisfied with the service that we offer.
If you have questions, please contact us. We can be reached at our office located in the Lehigh Valley (xxx) xxx-xxxx. When you call, please leave a detailed message stating your name and company name as well as a small description of your needs. Our sales expert will reach you as soon as possible.
As your needs change, we will be happy to help you evaluate those needs and offer you the services that will help you Advertise and give your business the exposure it needs to succeed. Again, thank you for choosing D-Sings Co. services the Tri-State area since 1989.
Sincerely,

skyhigh

they've been around since 1989 in my area and I never heard of them at all.

maybe they haven't heard of your either? Its possible (if they skimmed thru the listings) they thought you were a potato chip manufacturer? :rolleyes:

Marlene

I like the little red dots and the pink lines. if you got rid of all the mess that is and used just that, you could come up with a nice old timey looking candy shop logo

letterman7

D Sings! What tune?

Doing a quicky web search revealed a D Sign near Pittsburgh... but no website. Pity....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
maybe they haven't heard of your either? Its possible (if they skimmed thru the listings) they thought you were a potato chip manufacturer? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the ticket.:goodpost:

What the F*** ?? Have you been gargling in the 'Fountain of Knowledge' again ?? How could they have e-mailed everyone at the shop and never have heard of us ?? I didn't say know me, but they have to have heard of us by reading the list they bought.
sheesh :doh:

skyhigh

How could they have e-mailed everyone at the shop and never have heard of us ??
I get a weekly news letter from the Chamber of Commerce. If I so choose, I can hit "reply all" and send my advertisement to all 800+ business's on their list. Dosen't mean I know them all....or for that matter, even looked over the list at all. All I need to know is, they are all business's and that is my market.

No F'n "fountain of knowledge" involved.

sheesh yourself.....:doh:

http://www.candyfavorites.com/wise-potato-chips?gclid=CKW37-j7zqgCFRIq7Aod10Jrkg

Last edited: