Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To remover or not to remove?

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by blueben, Sep 21, 2010.

1. blueben

blueben Member

Aug 24, 2010
    On a trailer, do you prefer to remove the rivets or just vinyl over them. I have done both and depending on how many rivets to be covered, I would rather go over them. To me it looks better when you can cover them without leaving creases. I have seen really bad rivets before and the first time I did my trailer I didnt want people to see it.

What tools do you use to cover the rivets. I have used the rivet brush but I dont like that it scratches the vinyl. Maybe it's just the way I do it IDK. I heat the vinyl up and squeegee it close to the rivet and then use a tennis ball and push over the rivet. This seems to work really well.

Anyone else have any tips they want to share. If someone has an easier way to them, I would like to know.

Tags:
  2. Blaney

Blaney Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Springfield Illinois
    A dealer once told me that removing the rivets voids the warranty. I use Oracal 751, heat and a squeegee.

3. dweinmann

dweinmann New Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Rollepro.com - Rob Ivers will show you the way.........

(p. 107 of new Feller's catalog)

4. blueben

blueben Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Never heard that before. Kinda makes sense in a way, but I have done graphics on trailers before they have been sold on sales lots and they wanted me to remove the rivets. I usually use 751 if I am going over the rivets.

5. blueben

blueben Member

Aug 24, 2010

This is awesome!!!
    Has anyone else used this before. I am going to order one in a few minutes. I have 3 trailers to do next week. Hopefully it works and is as easy as it seems in the video.

6. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    heat and squeegee here too....i never take the rivets off

7. Pete Moss

Pete Moss Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Duluth, MN
    I've used the Rollepro several times. It is awesome. It will pay for itself in the first hour or two of use.

8. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    I am assuming we are talking about screws here? Remove and replace