• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To remover or not to remove?

blueben

On a trailer, do you prefer to remove the rivets or just vinyl over them. I have done both and depending on how many rivets to be covered, I would rather go over them. To me it looks better when you can cover them without leaving creases. I have seen really bad rivets before and the first time I did my trailer I didnt want people to see it.

What tools do you use to cover the rivets. I have used the rivet brush but I dont like that it scratches the vinyl. Maybe it's just the way I do it IDK. I heat the vinyl up and squeegee it close to the rivet and then use a tennis ball and push over the rivet. This seems to work really well.

Anyone else have any tips they want to share. If someone has an easier way to them, I would like to know.

Blaney

A dealer once told me that removing the rivets voids the warranty. I use Oracal 751, heat and a squeegee.

blueben

Never heard that before. Kinda makes sense in a way, but I have done graphics on trailers before they have been sold on sales lots and they wanted me to remove the rivets. I usually use 751 if I am going over the rivets.

blueben

Rollepro.com - Rob Ivers will show you the way.........

(p. 107 of new Feller's catalog)

This is awesome!!!
Has anyone else used this before. I am going to order one in a few minutes. I have 3 trailers to do next week. Hopefully it works and is as easy as it seems in the video.

Pete Moss

I've used the Rollepro several times. It is awesome. It will pay for itself in the first hour or two of use.