• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To Roland or not to Roland.

GoTeez

This is my 21st year in the business of printing T-shirts. I have always subbed out decals and T-shirt thermal prints because it wasn't something I wanted to deal with. With the onset of the polyester wicking craze we added a cutter to allow for heat press logos mostly in 1 color. It finally feels like it's time to jump into color vinyl printing in house. Mostly to be in control of our timelines. We have no interest in doing signs. We want to keep that we a local fella we trust and love.

Most advice has led me to believe the only one I should consider is the Roland SP 300i. Anyone have any suggestions?

Which consumables supplier in the South East is best? What brand vinyl? What brand ink?

Thank you in advance for your help!

rjssigns

We print transfers with our SP540V. Mike from Imprintables helped us with samples. He should be here any second...

xxtoni

We have a VS-640 and do these from time to time, mostly because we do everything for our customers from brand creation through design, over both wide format, digital and offset print. So basically if you're working with us, you don't have to shop anywhere else, we do it all.

So we do small volumes, in the ranges of 20ish from time to time but it's nowhere near frequent work. The Roland does them very well, like most other things. It'll cut them out (single colors) or print and cut them just fine.

One disappointment for me with these is that you can't just print a big part like A4 or bigger and just apply that onto the shirt. If you do that the person wearing it will sweat like a pig on that spot, so that was kinda disappointing. Other than that, the Roland does them very, very well.

Mike_Koval

versacamm is an excellent way to produce full color transfers...as far as hand, regardless of any transfer material that you use, it the design is full front/back with no weed outs...its not going to feel very good. The key when producing transfers is keeping them to left chest, sleeves, shorts, hats, bags, etc or have as many cavities weeded as possible. Yes, the more weeding the more work, but it will give you a nice transfer.