• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TO SELL A MIMAKI..need opinons

GARY CULY

im taking a minute this morning to ask ONLY people who might have a valid opinion or comment about how to price a used mimaki Jv3..ive had it for right at 2 years and its produced a lot of pieces ,but its in my mind to sell it cause work has slowed so bad..payments are killin me right now...ive been signwriting for almost 30 years so ill not just fold up ,just mayby scale back get another smaller model/brand something....me and the isign from hawaii both got them bout same time .he got his couple months sooner if i remember.
how much can a man ask for a used machine? its kept immaculate [im anal,came from a anal father /machinist]
any suggestions on price?
im pretty much going to keep computer and laminater just looking at the Jv3 and the CG130 cutter [spare new blades also] all origional packing stuff is here ..lets dont get into the shipping yet i just seeing what a fair price is

thank you for taking time to read and comment men
G.Culy

M@CK

I have a JV3-250SP, and got an unsolicited offer last weak by a broker for 20K, as is, no question asked, buyer was taking care of the shipping. I have to say we are still thinking about it.

Hope this helps you.

FatCat

Gary, first I'd make sure you were absolutely certain that you need to sell the printer. Not sure what your financial position or payments are, but if you can justify keeping it even at break-even I would hold on to it. (Never know when a big job might come along and you don't want to be kicking yourself for getting rid of it.)

The main problem you are faced with right now is competition. There's tons of repo. equipment hitting the market or used equip. up for sale due to the economy. I've been shopping around and have waited and waited on pulling the trigger because prices keep coming down.

Anyway, based on what I've been seeing I'm guessing you'll be in the $9-$12k range for the combo with a variety of factors including condition, accessories, software etc. I hate to say it, but I may even be a little high on that - I'm sure others will chime in here as well. Good luck man.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mimaki-JV3-160S...s=65:13|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mimaki-JV3-160S...s=65:13|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

CustomRide

Gary, first I'd make sure you were absolutely certain that you need to sell the printer. Not sure what your financial position or payments are, but if you can justify keeping it even at break-even I would hold on to it. (Never know when a big job might come along and you don't want to be kicking yourself for getting rid of it.)

The main problem you are faced with right now is competition. There's tons of repo. equipment hitting the market or used equip. up for sale due to the economy. I've been shopping around and have waited and waited on pulling the trigger because prices keep coming down.

Anyway, based on what I've been seeing I'm guessing you'll be in the $9-$12k range for the combo with a variety of factors including condition, accessories, software etc. I hate to say it, but I may even be a little high on that - I'm sure others will chime in here as well. Good luck man.

We sold our JV3-160II for $5500 last year and it worked great and took awhile to sell....I don't know about repo's but there seem to be a lot of people selling these printers who "did not store them properly" and now they need complete refurbs in regards to heads.

If your mimaki is running smooth I would roll with keeping it up and running rather than selling it.....you won't get anything close to $9k for it.

one of the auction links above had no bids and the other one was a powerseller who was shill bidding on his own equipment to try and gather interest plus he was under %98 and was about to loose his powerseller status.

GARY CULY

Well thats what i thought the replies might look like ,and thank you for taking time to post men..fatcat your on the money with just trying to get by here and keep making payments ,,the resale is terrible on these i see..i do use it everyday for something ,i fear the heads dring up also ..im pretty sure id have to sell the "whole" kit..if a man comes in sees me take an image ,print it ,lam it ,cut it ,and the whole system is set-up it would sell better that way

thank you men