• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toby....my dog needs to be put down....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth Ryder

Man, it hurt to read this... I know you did what had to be done but wonder if I could do the same... I just got my dog a few months ago and she now is the center of my life... I care more about this animal that I call my friend than I do most people I meet... As the years go by I pray I never have to walk in your shoes in regards to my pet... Below is a pic of Bella asleep on the couch...

Attachments

• Bella Rose2.jpg
    Bella Rose2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 102

itzdeb

My heart and prayers are with you. It is true, what Bruce says and I do believe there is an after life or afterconsciousness for us and our pet's souls.
And you are not alone, as you see with others things we cannot understand, there has to be a better outcome that we don't know yet but will know in time.

I have been heavily involved in animal rescue around my neighborhood. I was going to move due to the fact this was an in between place but I am needed here for now, feeding and trying to rescue 22 animals a day. The sad part is holding an abandoned house cat someone threw out, or ones that were populating, I feed them and used to be able to find a place to adopt them out, but now there is no room. I have to do the humane thing and call the county. I'm still rounding up stray or lost dogs and last night I found the owner of one! So, for now I am feeding all the cats and built houses for the cold brutal winter and this keeps me going 365 days a year no matter what.

Oh, I am so happy when I can find a solution and there is hope, but we don't want to allow those animals to be out there, scared and suffering. It's the humane thing to do and they will go with knowing they were loved. My goal is to get more of the education out there for groups as the humane society can only do so much, just hoping we can give some in between alternatives and demonstrations for catch and release after spay and neuter. Oh well, I've gone on enough about what I am doing, but just want you to know I do feel your pain. Please take care.

May you have peace and comfort.

GypsyGraphics

I just got my dog a few months ago and she now is the center of my life... I care more about this animal that I call my friend than I do most people I meet.

I never really understood the strong affection people felt for their dogs until i was i got my first dog in my 30's. The special bond between so called "working dogs" and their owners made sense to me, because those dogs were obviously companions.

Sure doesn't take long to find out what amazing creatures dog are, they're like the perfect example of what real companionship is. Anyone else ever wonder if we're suppose to be learning something from them... obedience, affection, loyalty, humor, playfulness and unconditional love... just to name a few. It hard to find all those qualities in a person, no wonder so many people feel the way Stealth does.

I'm sorry, when I read your post, it made me cry.. I had the best friend, Amber a yellow lab, we had to put her down when she was having the same problems your friend did. The doctors did everything they could, but it was just time. I told my (people friends) that I would spend any amount of money to make her well, but I found some people just don't understand the bond between us and our pet. Cry anytime you want to, but also remember all of the great times you had!

phototec

I know that losing Toby was a terrible loss for you and I wanted to let you know how sorry I am. I know that Toby wasn't just a pet; he was a big part of your life. Toby was there with you always, attentive, loving, and ready to do whatever you wanted. Special dogs are rare and you were fortunate to have him, and Toby was lucky to have you as his loving owner.

My deepest sympathy,
Jon

itzdeb

So sorry about your dear baby...my heart is with you, and I don't know how people deal with this; let's hope there is a reunion later, I believe there will be, I just can't imagine a Great God that creates love will not keep it waiting for us. He's just too good, and I live with that thought everyday when I try to rescue animals. That's why I'm not online much anymore like I used to be in several sites, but it is where my heart is, yes your Toby is with you still and knows the love you gave him which all of eternity cannot and will not erase.

Status
Not open for further replies.