• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Today is not my day.

showcase 66

I need to crawl in bed and wake up tomorrow and start over.

First thing this morning at 0545 I get a call from my client that yesterday I put up a 2 post sign. They said it fell over and they were pissed off. Get down there around 0630 to find out that someone ran into the sign and the owner of the building is saying I need to replace it on my dime. ahh no.

Get home after dealing with that and start up my regular desktop and go start coffee. About 15 mins later I go back in the office and the computer is still starting up. Turn around to get coffee and it is cold. No heat in the coffee machine. Threw that out the back door. Went back to my computer still on the startup screen. It has been a half hour now. Get on the laptop not five minutes in and the blue screen of death shows up.

Screw it, will work on finishing up some signs in the shop. Decide to make popcorn put the bag in the microwave push the popcorn button and walk away and go the bathroom. Get out to a shop full of smoke and burned popcorn smell.

I think I need a drink.

Fanaticus

gotta love customers who blame everything on you. Like you have control over someone driving in the night. The almighty Zeus. They should be calling the cops and insurance company.

We get it all the time with things we ship and the shipping company f's it up. Sometimes it looks like they drive their trucks over the items. Customers blame us and if we don't replace it for free right away they file a charge-back. Or, they wait until we ship another one, then file a charge-back and get their shi7 for free. Then they tell all their friends how it's done and we get a good f'ing for a month or so.

Some people are just big piles of trimmed foreskin.

Jillbeans

That was my day last Wednesday. It must have migrated.
Hopefully it will blow out to sea, wither, and die.
Love.....Jill

housemusikid

:omg:

A few co-worker just read your day and agree that this is one of the worst days ever! Do you need a hug? I want to give you one so bad! :smile:

signage

Hey don't worry about going up on the ladder, we will catch you on the second bounce:omg::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You said it...and perhaps a little too loud because my computer is now in the dumper.

JB

dasnootz

If it makes you feel any better... I had a worse day last month. I got a call at 5:00AM from the 911 dispatcher telling me that my office/shop was on fire... total loss.

skyhigh

Hey CSDD, I want to hear more of the conversation you had with client who got you up at 5:45am. Although I'm always up at 4:30 at the latest, I'd still be really pissed if he called me. Just how did you justify his way of thinking that you should replace these poles?

DASNOOTS...sorry to hear of your loss. Hope all was insured (well)

showcase 66

Hey CSDD, I want to hear more of the conversation you had with client who got you up at 5:45am. Although I'm always up at 4:30 at the latest, I'd still be really pissed if he called me. Just how did you justify his way of thinking that you should replace these poles?

DASNOOTS...sorry to hear of your loss. Hope all was insured (well)

I was already up working on a couple things when I got the call. He had told me that the wind must have blew the sign down. (No Fricken way would it have blown over) When I got there, he came out yelling and screaming about it and he was going to sue me because it fell onto their water fountain causing it to break. Walked over to take a look to see what happened you see the tire marks over the curb and both poles are snapped off . The guy never went over to look at it and jumped the gun on blaming me for sh!tty work. At that point I got pissed. He then called the police and was apologizing like crazy for blaming me. Sign is shot so it will have to be redone completely.

More money for me.

showcase 66

Sorry to hear about that dasnootz. Doesn't make me feel any better to hear a fellow sign guy lose it all that way. At least you are okay and didnt get hurt.

Edserv

dude, some days, things JUST don't go right.
I can't even wish to boar you with an example, because you obviously know what I mean.
But I think the one salvation, the one and ONLY salvation, is to have enough systems in place, and (hopefully) a decent staff, where you can just "go away" for a while: to the beach, to the bar, to a hotel room (lock yourself up and watch movies and order room service, etc,)
Good luck, I feel for you!

Last edited by a moderator:

dasnootz

DASNOOTS only thing worse is an injury. Hope the insurance was in place! Good luck!:covereyes:

Insurance was in place... probably under insured for the contents but over for the building so in the end it will be a wash. It is amazing how the word "insurance" just like the word "wedding" moves the decimal point one spot to the right on every item you need to purchase. Everyone seems to assume that "insurance" will pay for it, so they can charge something excessive...

That said... I don't want to hijack the thread. I'd bill your time for going out to look at the sign in your replacement sign.