• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toner on vinyl? Can it be done??

CalamityJay

Just throwing this out there...has anyone had any luck using a copier to print on removable vinyl? I have gotten the toner to adhere initially (scratch test) but then is wipes away after a day. I am thinking the final print will have to be laminated or sprayed or something....

:wavingflag:

mark galoob

xerox has a toner based wide format printer that they recently rolled out. i saw samples and was very impressed. i think its a 36" unit however, and wont work for me, but it has the option of a maintance agreement. what that means is if it breaks, they come out w/in 24 hours and fix it. basically you pay a per foot charge for toner. i understand it prints on anything that an ink jet printer will print on.

oh by the way it only costs an arm and 2 legs...lol

mark galoob

omgsideburns

The vinyl would need to be receptive to it.. Usually matte finish vinyls are all I've seen "laser compatible". Toner is not exactly sticky. It needs something to grip to when it's fused.

kanini

Also, the fusing unit rollers are usually about 170-180 degrees Celsius (375-400 degrees Fahrenheit) so most vinyls can't handle the heat...
The Xerox is probably ment for posters on paper and such...