• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too good to be true?

bigben

I just saw this in my facebook feed. It could be a great tool for marking small object. It could be a great gadget like the shaper tools. But for the price, compared of what other manufacturer charge for similar product, it seems too good to be true.

Here is the link: http://kck.st/2JXQUFe

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just make a new name plate and glue it over the original. That is definitely nice.

Jburns

Smart Idea- wish I would have thought of it for the crafters--- I bet they get bought- out by cricut.
but looks like you need a coating to engrave metals - perhaps due to the low power.

Superior_Adam

Well makes you wonder why they need a kick starter for a revamped model. Must not have made money on the original to revamp the design and come out with a new version.

rossmosh

It's a diode laser engraver that has been relatively well thought out.

There's a reason why diode lasers are basically not used in commercial settings. They're slow as hell.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I just started playing the video on my computer. We have a portable JBL4 speaker connected to my computer that is in the garage for them to listen to music on when they are wrapping cars. The speaker is on but no music is playing. It started with "Laser pecker". They all wanted to know what I was watching!!! LOLOL Thanks for the morning laugh!

And NOW, all of us will be getting that product on our facebook feeds! THANKS!

letterman7

That's interesting and since it's portable opens up some unique opportunities. But what is it with everything being smart phone controlled? The last thing I want to do is try to design on a 4" square screen. There's no reason this can't be run from a laptop.

MikePro

Peckers with freakin' Lasers!
...looks cool. would be a fun "toy", but I'm skeptical about the 5watts as well. Kinda surprising, as they're able to get 1000w laser into a portable units like this

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
They show one of the applications as marking fruit. I wonder if it will work on people's skin.
I can see setting up a booth at the local farmer's night market selling instant tats (if they ever allow it to reopen).

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That's interesting and since it's portable opens up some unique opportunities. But what is it with everything being smart phone controlled? The last thing I want to do is try to design on a 4" square screen. There's no reason this can't be run from a laptop.
4" screen? You still using the iPhone 1?