• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too Many options!

APIM

We are looking to purchase a laminating machine for our new Epson GS6000 and we haven't quite figured out what route to take. Any suggestions? Hot or Cold, is there a difference? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

MikePro

highly recommended to look into Seal and GBC cold laminators 48"+.

search function on the forums can guide you to similiar threads on this topic for pros/cons/etc.

Edserv

Our GBC rocks. Make sure you check Craigslist and ebay for used-machines if you're ok with used machines!

Custom_Grafx

64" Royal sovereign with heat assist here.

Complaints - I had heaps before the take up/feeder got installed. Now, she's all good.
Praise - Good price, easy to learn, pretty straight forward, for the price - not bad quality.

I don't use heat often to be honest, but it's good to have - will cost you much more to later get a heat assist one if you choose. Minus well go with the heat assist from the start.

Edserv

We purchased a GBC on craigslist for $500 (38-40") and are very happy with it. It works like a charm. Try to find a bargain, then try to figure out how to use it correctly!

Custom_Grafx

Thanks for all the great advice! Is there any application that the cold lam can't do?

No silvering with heat assist. With cold, it's still ok, you just gotta wait a day or two till it goes away. Most customers are fine with that.