• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too much black ink while printing

SameDay Signs

Hey guys im running a Mimaki JV3 130 SPII with flexi 8.1 and am getting way to much black ink. I have tried changing profiles and ink limits as well as linerzation and gotten nowhere. For example I was printing a 2' x 8' sign with lots of black and it is so much the ink feels raised. I reprinted a portion of it with ink limits set at 70% and still same thing. Is there anything that can be affecting this as it is only on the black and not any other colors? I did just get a newer built pc but this has just started happening. I have also tried re installing different profiles to make sure they weren't corrupted somehow. Please help me out if possible and thanks in advance

jacksonsigns

I can't see the new pc having anything to do with it. First thing I would try to do is go extreme with the ink limit (black only of course) set it down to 20% to see if there is any difference at all. Also, if you are not already doing so, I would just crop a very small portion of the same job that you have had the problem with. That way you have something that rips and prints fast that you can compare. If it is a banner that has other colors in it I usually try to crop an area that has most if not all of the colors without changing the scale of the design, that way you can see how the black limit adjustments affects the other colors.