• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too much magenta in all prints

divers2deep

I am trying to resolve an issue. I have a vs-540 and i have been getting progressively worst magenta tint to all of my prints. This only happens when printing in standard mode. If I print in high quality the print is fine, but we are talking about 9 minutes to print compared to 24 minutes. Sometime i just cannot wait that long. Check out this pictures, the print started out with good color and then started adding heavy magenta on a picture that is black and white. Have any of you ran into this issue ?

Attachments

• 20140512_111152.jpg
    20140512_111152.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 112

divers2deep

Here are some of my test.

Attachments

• 2131-1.jpg
    2131-1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 2132-1.jpg
    2132-1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 2135-2.jpg
    2135-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 2134-1.jpg
    2134-1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 2138-1.jpg
    2138-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 121

divers2deep

ok, thanks for the head up. Do you have any ideas what a fix might be?

Also, why would the magenta be seen in a jpg image that is black in white. Is the print head using cyan and magenta to get the gray's.. doesnt make sense?

divers2deep

Do you have any experience with cleaning cartridges? if this is some clogged jets, am I looking at a potential new head for the unit ?

divers2deep

Here is something that I'm not understanding. First thing in the morning the prints need to be printed in high quality mode to not have magenta tone to all prints. After i have used the printer for a bit, I can start printing in standard quality and most of the magenta tone is gone but I can still see it and the print isn't to my standard. Cleanings do help and i am using oem Roland inks. Does anyone out there have any tips or advice on this issue?

J Hill Designs

my guess would be start with a new damper for cyan, maybe its semi-clogged and gets some better flow once used for a bit...