• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too much reds!

msenjur

hello...

im noticing, that my printer is prinitig everything with too much red color. Yesterday i printed some gray backgrounds, and i noticed, that print has too much red! I have new colors (http://www.fillink.com/) could that be the reason? I havent change anything in profiles or on printer!

thanks for replys!

bye

Biker Scout

Yeah, it's probably your inks.

What I do is go into the channels and change my Magenta value.

By fiddling with the colors individually like this, I'm actually able to get a really neutral gray.

My reds are pretty weak at the moment... but I think it's something with the printer, and not my profiles.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 75
P

ProWraps™

well printing grey is an aweful test of red levels. as well as green. greys always have a tendency to show as to much red or green on mutohs.

msenjur

i did lower the magenta value in rip profile, and now lighter gray is better, but darker still isn't! obviously i should lower magenta a little bit more! And also reds, i think...

my settings looks like these...

Attachments

• ink.jpg
    ink.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 75

studio10

My friend use fillink but he got profiles from fillink dealer. Ask for profile from your dealer. I used Palladium eco ink (it is mild solvent ink) on my Rockhopper I and has problem with gray too, it has too magenta in it. I back to original ink and now gray is very good.

Next week I`ll try Stern ink (local dealer in Belgrade sell it). Ink was tested on ValueJet for long time and it is much simmilar to original ink.There is no need to flush system and change profile. If ink is good I`ll inform you.

msenjur

i did send them an email, but i doubt that they will do profiles for easysign, becouse there isn't much users that uses that rip!

btw. we are almost neighbours! :)

electrict

can you change the mode to cmyk in your graphic software and change the color values of your greys. ie/ C-0 M-0 Y-0 K<--what ever percentage of black you want here

stillmagnolia

My friend use fillink but he got profiles from fillink dealer. Ask for profile from your dealer. I used Palladium eco ink (it is mild solvent ink) on my Rockhopper I and has problem with gray too, it has too magenta in it. I back to original ink and now gray is very good.

Next week I`ll try Stern ink (local dealer in Belgrade sell it). Ink was tested on ValueJet for long time and it is much simmilar to original ink.There is no need to flush system and change profile. If ink is good I`ll inform you.

Why you gona change the Palladium Eco ink, what is your experience with this inks.Do you have any problem other than gray?What is your opinion, I'm asking you cause I'm wondering to change the Mutoh Eco Ultra inks to SignTrade Palladium Eco?What inks do you use now, i trying to find reliable ink for my ValuJet here in Bulgaria .
Best regards :)