Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too wet to plant, so pickin Mushrooms!!!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Mosh, May 3, 2013.

1. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    shrroms.jpg

Tags:
  2. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    did you flip over the cow $hit and get the GOOD mushrooms? cause i seen some of those that you got before.. on the internets of course!

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    No these don't make you "see funny things"... Morels, fry them up! I got 20 pounds or so, I got tired of picking them....
    I might go back in the morning, unless I can be in the field. There was at least 100 pounds in this patch....Pour people sell them at
    $25-$53 a pound, I just like picking and eating them...

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Nice harvest of gold right there Mosh. :thumb: I could eat an entire meal of those alone and be in heaven. Of course a couple beers would be on the menu as well.
    Step up a notch to Braised Venison loins with sauteed Morels in a garlic and herb cream sauce.........YOWZAH!!!

5. Dakotagrafx

Dakotagrafx Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Michigan
    congrats on the great find - went out 2 days ago and got 2 :( hope to get out early next week

6. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    I hate shrooms AND mushrooms, but here, people go bonkers when the morels are in.

7. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter Member

Dec 15, 2012
    oregon
    Nice haul. I love Morels. Going out next week to get some.

8. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    As a chef, morels are like the cadillac in the mushroom department. Personally, i prefer oyster mushrooms, but morels are awesome pan fried, carmelized with a creamy cheese sauce and a nice steak,

9. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    I love me some morels....i'm gonna go look for some today

10. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

My god, that sounds amazing.

I went out to a local public park area this morning and we didn't see any out yet. I guess maybe next weekend. We have had lots of humidity, but just not the heat yet, although I know some guys are finding small amounts so far.

11. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter Member

Dec 15, 2012
    oregon
    I think they taste best if you dry them in the sun then rehydrate and pan fry with butter. All the nutty flavors come out. And the dries ones will last forever.

12. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

sorry but FRESH PICKED, CLEANED and cut up and fried, throw in some scrambled egges, and YOU DONT EVEN NEED BACON the shrooms are like meat))))) my dad an i used pick different shrooms year round in pa. spring it was morels or as the italian people called em SPONG- GOLLIE. and every one had their "secret spot." in the summer we picked puff balls and field shrooms, these are like the ones you buy, these grow like crazy in cow pastures. in the fall we would get what we called "SHEEPSHEAD" and i think books list em as hen of the woods. we got one 1 year was so big we had to split it in half to haul it home. we had a 1956 mercury then and, it fill the back seat and the truck. we took it to a store near us and weighed it on their scales was 67 POUNDS!!!!! my mother caned em with hot peppers for 3 day))))

13. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    When I use to live in southwest France, we use to go out and pick truffles, best tatsting shrooms in the world. Last time I heard they go for 500 bucks a pound, I would never pay that when you can just pick your own.

14. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter Member

Dec 15, 2012
    oregon
    I have had those once and they are awesome. They grow in Oregon too. Just need dogs to get them since they grow underground or something.