• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Took the CS2 plunge...

No diving allowed. Both feet first.

As you are learning you will find that there will be some "smacking of the head", if you were to dive. With the "feet first" approach you will find that you will some time to reflect on what, where, when and why. :Big Laugh

gcljlamb

PS&G,

"No diving allowed. Both feet first.

As you are learning you will find that there will be some "smacking of the head", if you were to dive. With the "feet first" approach you will find that you will some time to reflect on what, where, when and why."

So, does that go WHAT was I thinking? WHERE am I going with this? WHEN will I begin to work fluidly with all of this? and WHY did I just jump off that cliff?:Big Laugh

Well said. I'm just now resurfacing from just a portion of the lynda tutorial on GoLive as was suggested to me earlier. WOW! There's a lot to learn, but the attitude is in check and I don't feel TOO overwhelmed.

Yeah, I know. You guys must be thinking, "I thought he was working on CS2PS." I am, only thing is, as I'm transitioning into becoming the owner of my business, part of the agreement between myself and my soon-to-be ex partner is that I help him get his website off the ground. He has a designer working on the foundation of it but really likes what I did for his brochures and flyers. He wants me to try and keep the same "look" on the web versions of those documents. With CS2 having GoLive in it, I'm trying to take a crash course in it as well. But, get this. The web designer he hired runs Dreamweaver; I'm a little nervous about how my pages I build are going to import into DW. The forum guys at the Adobe website have been very helpful though; I'll get through it.

Thanks again!!

George

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If you would have waited a coule of weeks you could have CS2.3 You can still upgrade from CS2 to CS2.3 and get Acrobat 8 and Dreamweaver for just 160.00 bucks.

gROUND cHUCK

It may be easier to setup up the site files so they go from Photoshop to Dreamweaver. I wouldn't even mess with linking them. Just setup the pages with the proper names (index.htm) and put everything into the proper files and let them link the pages together in Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver makes it simple to link pages and images. If you have ever used dreamwever, It's just a pull of the tape.......(you may have to see to understand.)

I like Dreamweaver, though Adobe bought out Macromedia and is probably going to faze out Dreamweaver and have GoLive take over.

gcljlamb

Rick,

Bummer. I wish I would have known sooner but, the reality of it is I wouldn't know the difference.

PS&G, yeah, that's what I'm learning. Only thing is the comments are overwhelming regarding the ease of use for novices like me regarding GoLive and quite to the contrary regarding Dreamweaver. In just the short time I was able to put in today, I have a relative working knowledge of GoLive and I think I'll be constructing pages later tonight.

Great comments and suggestions you guys, Thanks!!

George