• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toolbars Missing

Locals Find!

I went to use my Corel X4 at home this morning and all my toolbars are missing. Short of reloading everything on Monday.

What else would you suggest?

I can't even access the file menu using alt-F.

Open to all suggestions at the moment as I am stumped.

Locals Find!

Everything is just not their. Going to try that ctrl-N now.

Ctrl-N worked to open a new file. Now if I could just restore the controls and ability to save I might be able to get by till monday.

Locals Find!

It is quite possible that I am about to make myself look foolish. I do not have Corel and have never used it, but I have over 15 years of computer support experience. I found this link that might help, hopefully. ***fingers crossed***
http://www.cbscreative.com/coreltoolbars.htm

Your article link actually helped in a round about way. Along with getting a New document opened. I was able to right click on my rulers and get into the Guidlines menu and then over to the workspace menu.

Here is how I restored everything.

Right click on rulers - Left Click Guidlines setup - Went to workspace at the top - Expanded menu - then to customization - Expanded Menu - then to command bars - Selected all the missing toolbars. Clicked Ok and everything is back.

Hope this helps someone else too in the future.

hightop

That's good news!! Glad you were able to get it fixed. Computer problems are a PIA (Pain in the a**)!

Locals Find!

Restart Corel while holding down F8 key! This will set Corel to the defaults!

Good Advice, however in my situation that didn't work. I should have posted in the OP that I had tried that first.

One of my kids (7 y.o) just confessed to messing around with the computer. Very possible he unchecked the boxes for the toolbars. He knows just enough to be dangerous.

MikePro

accidentally hit the TAB key in photoshop/illustrator and it hides my toolbars... took me a while to figure that out the first time.