• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tools to remove "security Fasteners"

Bill43mx

I'm looking to remove the door of of the trailer we are wrapping and the hinges are attached with security fasteners that look like a torx but they have a post sticking up in the center so you would need the correct size torx bit with a hole in the center of it to clear the post. Any idea where I can get the proper tool for these?

ova

It's called a security bit. Just google it and you'll get many hits. The bit has a hole in the center for the pin.

Dave

Bill43mx

Thank you! I didn't think there was any chance they'd be available locally. I'll start calling the hardware stores.

J Hill Designs

I didnt either until I went in to my local ma and pa hardware store...viola! $10 complete set of bits for most TP fasteners

shakey0818

I'm surprised GG hasent chimed in.
Harbor Freight Rocks!

Attachments

• imagesecurity bits.jpg
    imagesecurity bits.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 96

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
"Security fasteners"....hmmmm. Kinda like going downtown and geting a key to the neighbor's house...right off the shelf. Who woulda thunk?

JB

Bill43mx

A cutoff wheel and an impact driver! Aint no such thing as tamper proof!

Well yeah! But I need to put it back together. *LOL* First auto parts store I called had a full set for $20. I though for sure I'd have to order them. You learn something new every day. Thanks guys!:U Rock:

signage

Bill you get standard hardware that has the same profile along with same thread and pitch! quit making this harder than it is!;)