• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TOOO Good of a deal on SP 300V/540V

EMSbyDay

I've come across what seems like too good of a deal on a couple of Roland SP Printer/cutters. Person is looking for $1500CAD for a SP 300V with he says only 40 hours on it and $2000 for the SP 540V. The local Roland Distributer sells a 540V refurbished for $15,000 so these prices seem dangerously unreal. Persons add says that hes trying to make room for a Textile printer.

Is this way too good to be true? What should I be looking for when I go to look at these?

thanks

weaselboogie

DRIVE THERE to purchase it. If he starts giving you excuses , then you know its fake.

I'd be perfectly fine with buying something high dollar on ebay. BUT, I would DRIVE to where its at, to check and see how it prints, but even more importantly, to make sure it's REAL. If you're going to save a ton of money on a good used piece of equipment, close down your shop for a day, and put the time in.

high impact

If you can see these in action and pay with cash on site...then you may be in for one heck of a deal!

Just make sure to bring a couple of "big" friends with you...for loading them in the trailer, of course! ;-)

woolly

also make sure he owns them and they are not still under lease or hp.
i nearly bought a big laser the other day until i asked,

something not right though

woolly

EMSbyDay

thanks for the info everyone. They are listed on a classified site similar to Craigslist. I emailed the seller with a bunch of questions and am waiting to hear back from them. The pictures look good anyway.

The SP 300v
Up for auction is a Roland Versacamm sp300v printer / cutter. I bought this machine brand new in march 2006. This machine is in great shape and has less than 40 hours on it. I am selling this machine because I no longer have the time to use it. It is in great working condition and is currently still hooked up so I can show anybody how it works. I will be including 1 complete set of inks plus the inks that are in the machine. Also included is all the software that goes with the machine. I have the original packaging. Please feel free to ask questions as I will answer them as fast and truthful as possible. Thanks for looking.

The 540v
VersaCAMM SP-540V is the perfect high-performance production tool for creating colorful decals, labels, banners, posters, vehicle and floor graphics, apparel decoration and just about any sign imaginable. Based on the groundbreaking VersaCAMM 4-color printing and contour cutting technology, the SP-540V spans 54 inches in width, achieves a maximum print speed of 114-square-feet per hour and operates unattended-delivering 1440 dpi printing and precision contour cutting together in one easy step. With an advanced media handling system, it produces brilliant, photorealistic graphics on a full range of coated and uncoated media using Eco-SOL INK. To further ensure top performance, VersaCAMM SP-540V comes with VersaWorks, Rolands own custom software RIP

Features ECO-SOL MAX ink
Choice of 440 or 220 cc ink cartridges
Wider color gamut and denser color
Rugged scratch resistance
20% lower price
Up to 1440 x 1440 dpi resolution for photorealistic graphics
Variable droplet technology for superb detail/print quality
Water, scratch and UV resistant graphics up to 3-years outdoors*
Ink running costs as low as 16?per square foot
Roland VersaWorks?RIP software included
Easy-to-use Graphical User Interface
Roland Color System
Variable Data Printing
Prints on uncoated and coated media

and the pics included in the ad

Attachments

• 300v.jpg
    300v.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 68
  • 540v.jpg
    540v.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 70

EMSbyDay

User is also offering a SC540 SoljetPro II

We run several Rolands and have a 3 and a half year old Roland SC540 wide format printer for sale. The machine is in great shape and whilst it has performed beautifully, we are looking into replacing it with a textile printer. Anyone who knows the Roland story, will understand the value of a wide format that runs Eco sol inks, and that prints and cuts. The machine runs great looking work on self adhesive vinyls (uncoated), clear vinyl, banner stock, canvas, plain vinyl, polyester and paper stocks. The onboard Cutting set up allows you to print/cut at the same time (any shape and any size) or you may wish to laminate and then put it through for cutting afterwards.

Attachments

• sc540.jpg
    sc540.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 53
  • sc5402.jpg
    sc5402.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 57

dirtracer23

There is a scam on Gumtree classifieds in different cities. They jack a picture of a machine from someone elses ad and they claim to have shipped it to you and even send you a DHL official shipping notification to make you feel comfortable and ask for you to send payment. From Italy I think

EMSbyDay

well, this will be in person CASH purchase. I will go there with a van, and if it works like it should I will pay cash on site and take it with me. I figure for 1500 even if it needed new print heads etc then its still a great deal.

if its not connected to a computer is there a way to do a test from just the machine? My GX-24 has a test function to that makes a couple of shape cuts. Does this unit have a test that prints/cuts?

or anything else I should look for?

cdiesel

Just hold down the "Test Print" button on the control panel. If everything is working correctly, you will see four columns of evenly spaced dashes (one for each color). You can also do a test cut by holding down the test cut button.
If everything's working right, I'd buy them all and make a few bucks!

Ken

Since it's a hands on purchase, my only concern would be there's a lein on the machinery. And yes, the origional packaging is there..that's good. It's not a one-man job tho'.
Good luck...Ken

OldPaint

i would also check the POLICE DEPT where the seller is from..and see if the police know of any SIGN SHOPS THAT HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!!

mediaman

Call Roland in Irvine, CA with the serial numbers so they can track the life (or at least the birth) of these printers. That should help settle a few questions. If the owner balks at that - walk away. You should also be able to do a Service Report in Service Mode to see how many times the head fired and if it had any head strikes.

EMSbyDay

thanks, waiting to hear back from the seller again, want to get a voice contact number to have a few questions answered.