Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torn or Ripped effect

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by cartoad, Jul 22, 2010.

1. cartoad

cartoad Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Yakima, WA
    Trying to create or better yet find a ripped jagged edge artwork to use on a wrap design. looking for fingers that extend out. I have check thru all my art work files and find nothing that works. Suggestions welcome!

Tags:
  2. CL Graphics

CL Graphics Active Member

Feb 24, 2007
    aurora has some.

3. Sparky

Sparky Active Member

Sep 1, 2007
    All of the stock sites will have them too - fotolia.com, dreamstime.com, etc...

4. cartoad

cartoad Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Yakima, WA
    Thanks, I checked all the sites I could, but didn't find what I wanted, so making my own.

5. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    about 5 years ago I was inspired by a similar thread & made my own out of tin foil.. hmm.. wonder if I could still find that?

6. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I think there was a hidden clause in the health care overhaul that makes it against the law to incorporate the "ripped effect" in any graphic produced after the health care law goes into effect.
    Seem to remember that it also prohibited diamond plate, barbed wire & photoshop'd lens flares.....

wayne k
    guam usa

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    oh yeah... the overhaul put in place by "Dave Dorsey-President, Aurora Graphics"