• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tornadoes in DFW

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
5F2960EB-29F6-4BC0-A05A-0E99FE8B46DB.jpeg
Last night north of us , now under a watch again
Be safe people . Got the alert to go to basement by cell phone , house phone 911 reverse call ,tv and iPad .... house full of sounds freaking out the dog and wife

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yep, stay safe and don't do anything foolish. These storms are popping up all over the place and quite quickly. One touched down not far from our house yesterday late afternoon. Wife was down in the basement with the cats. Said it sounded awful.

TimToad

We seldom have actual tornados, but we have warnings and watches all the time in this season. Living at an apartment complex in college, it was always darwinism in action to hear the sirens going off and look out the window at all of the students going outside and looking up. Almost like they were being summoned.
Be smart and hunker down!

Just like during earthquakes. Folks think the street or outside is the safest place to be, but that's where walls collapse. Flying debris from tornadoes can land on you from distances much further away than one would imagine.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I passed one on the way home and tried to catch it on video.. you can kinda see it. This was in Canton, TX

20 minutes later I made it to Terrell and this storm spawned a Tornado too.

w6mZuqwFdc-3uIfdJhpdDagZ0rIfVmKpNiVOSzB2VtOVH9cDHRswCVWBhmUdU6mKNxdvejB4mqezbfplU-x_Wwavp0blsfRy9TzXqeWpxOP0N7Q1BOp34vIwSJf7wqmHEz2rMDqL-M4=w1280-h623-no

Last edited:

OhioSigns

The area surrounding us in Ohio got hit hard a couple days ago. Areas south of us in Dayton and also North of us in Celina. Believe it's over 9 confirmed tornadoes touched down. Here's a picture from some facebook pics that were floating around of a pylon sign at a car dealership. Amazing how it just twisted the post right over.

61452873_824526817915819_8158287879081033728_n.jpg
61607959_2420491218017155_7739115567960817664_n.jpg