Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Newbie hope someone can Help Me!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by clarks4, Aug 16, 2012.

1. clarks4

clarks4 New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Hi, I'm new to Signs 101 and new to printing. I'm opening a car magnet business but I'm having a hard time finding the correct die-cut machine. I want to be able to make different shapes and sizes. I hope someone can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks!!!

Tags:
  2. SlightlyChilled

SlightlyChilled Very Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    Yes I can don't do it...

All joking aside are you just going to sell magnets????

3. clarks4

clarks4 New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    But I want to ... :)

Yes to start off. I hope to expand further in the vern near future.

4. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

die cut machine aka vinyl cutter?

Buy a cheap one to start out, and see if this is something you really want to do. i started out with a cheap ebay cutter in 2006. saved up the profits over the years, and made enough get into full color graphics, and bought all new name brand equipment. I still have my first cutter, and it still works (mostly). Just collects dust now since its been replaced with a graphtec fc8000 :)

5. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

Are they really? Damn that manufacturer! taking some of our money away. But they are definitely making a killing selling them things. i laugh when i see them in stores cuz i say to myself "only if these people knew they could buy a bigger cutter at the same price and make anything they want without design and font limitations."

6. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    If you really want to save money, have the simple shapes cut by someone who has a laser engraver
    and then use those shapes to cut the magnet by hand with an Exacto® Knife.

7. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

Check out Gerber's web site www.gspinc.com - something to start with and grow.