• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Total Newbie hope someone can Help Me!

clarks4

Hi, I'm new to Signs 101 and new to printing. I'm opening a car magnet business but I'm having a hard time finding the correct die-cut machine. I want to be able to make different shapes and sizes. I hope someone can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks!!!

401Graphics

die cut machine aka vinyl cutter?

Buy a cheap one to start out, and see if this is something you really want to do. i started out with a cheap ebay cutter in 2006. saved up the profits over the years, and made enough get into full color graphics, and bought all new name brand equipment. I still have my first cutter, and it still works (mostly). Just collects dust now since its been replaced with a graphtec fc8000 :)

401Graphics

Welcome to signs 101.......

Cricut is now offering a flatbed magnet cutter.

Are they really? Damn that manufacturer! taking some of our money away. But they are definitely making a killing selling them things. i laugh when i see them in stores cuz i say to myself "only if these people knew they could buy a bigger cutter at the same price and make anything they want without design and font limitations."

Replicator

If you really want to save money, have the simple shapes cut by someone who has a laser engraver
and then use those shapes to cut the magnet by hand with an Exacto® Knife.