• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Total Newbie

nomad

I'm a total newbie when it comes to this stuff, so I just wanted to say hi and thank you for providing a website with all this great information!

I just picked up my first cutter, a Vinyl Express Q75. I've never done anything with vinyl, signs, etc but it's something I've always wanted to get into. SO, now I'm into it. lol. Anyway, I've got the cutter (Illustrator CS5 & CoCuts) along with an Epson Pro 7600 that I've used for a few years to do nice photo prints. I know the 7600 won't really do much for me with outdoor media, but it gives me something to start messing with.

I spent yesterday bumping my head against the wall trying to send data to my cutter (I think maybe it's in the wrong mode). Anyway, I'm going to try to situate that today.

I'm really looking forward to digging through the site, and I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a TON of valuable information here.

JBusch260

Welcome from Fort Wayne, Indiana! Check the threads on here regarding cutting, there's so much good info on this forum. Good luck!

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Welcome from Chino, CA! GL with your new ventures. Feel free to check us out if you are ever in need of sign supplies and printing media.:Big Laugh

Warm regards,
-Signworld Team

yahhoo123

welcome

yeah that's common...usually a port thats wrong...use the correct serial or parallel cable ....then check your lpt, comm and usb ports....if you are lucky you have a newer model with usb.
you can get flexi 7.6 usually free . signlab is good too.....you might find you can cut right from corel (HPGL) plot files.