• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toucan LT Error E110 - HELP!!!!!

MrGraphics

Owner Operator
:helpI have a 87" Go Fusion sold by Graphic One that was converted over to a UV printer. The base machine is made from a Toucan LT and since Mutoh don't make a UV printer I can't seem to get any answers. Seems like they will sell me parts if I know the part I need but NO TECH SUPPORT OR SERVICE.

My main problem now is when I boot up the machine I get a CR Selecter Write E110 error code the service manual don't go up that high so I am kind of dead in the water. If anyone has ever encountered that error, I would really appreciate any help.

randya

Have you been in contact with Graphics One?

Is it possible that this is a Toucan and not an LT?
A Toucan will have Spectra heads and an LT will have Epson heads.

It is possible that it has custom firmware not written by Mutoh, which is why it would not be in the standard manual.

CR is usually carriage return (the print carriage), there is normally only one carriage on Mutoh printers so I am unsure as to what could be selected.

I would start by checking all the CR cables....

MrGraphics

Owner Operator
Error e110

Randya, I've learned something between a Toucan and a Toucan LT - that is a start. My machine has Spectra SL 128 heads and it has all Mutoh boards. I am sure the Go Fuzion has some custom firmware going on, I haven't got that far with the printer yet. I picked this thing up for what I thought was a great price, the previous owner couldn't get it running either. At that time he was getting an error of M Subtank Sensor Errors and the yellow wasn't printing at all. I traded him my backup printer which was a Roland Sp300V for the machine. I felt a bit guilty doing so but that little printer was a money maker for me and I have a Roland Sp540V. Anyways, the main inner parts of the machine says Eastech UV 8720-4S so I typed that in Google and found a machine made in Taiwan that looks exactly like the one I have. I e-mailed them but as of now have not received any response. I am willing to pump money into the machine, new heads if needed, but I was told the Spectra heads are pretty durable heads, as of now I am just up in the air. As far as ribbon cables are concerned, that was my first suspicion, it seems to be a very intelligent machine, when you unplug one of the ribbon cables, it tells you which cable is malfunctioning. I think the next step is to just buy one ribbon cable and use that as a test cable one by one. There are six of them to be tested from the carriage. Again, any advice you can shed on this problem will be deeply appreciated. :banghead:

randya

The spectra heads are stainless and can take a lot of abuse, but UV has its own issues.

I doubt Graphics One has customized the firmware, but certainly Taiwan would have.
Although Graphics One may be able to help you (though probably not for free). You may want to invest in them to reduce your learning curve.