Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touch screen catalog for customers ..

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ronl1975, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ronl1975

ronl1975 Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Tampa, Fl
    I would like to install a couple touch screen monitors for customers to browse through on top of my counter. Any ideas for software or has anybody done this?

:help

Tags:
  2. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    1st off Windows 8 is pretty much a Tablet OS, I would suggest get a copy Visual Studio and made a run at it yourself if you're techy enough.

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Couple cheap tablets from Big Lots perhaps?

4. MichaelAlmand

MichaelAlmand Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Canada
    I think Indesign you can design something that works for that. I could be wrong.

5. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    What you are talking about is digital signage. There is a lot you can do for a reasonable price hardware is the cheap and easy part. Well touch screen gets a little pricey.

Making the catalog's and being interactive etc will cost you unless you know flash and what not.

We are looking at getting into this as a wholesale supplier but we are not at the moment.

For your purposes all you need are a couple of cheap tablets that can run the latest and greatest flash.

Then you need to or sub it out have the catalog's made in flash. They can be as simple as click to change page or click to see more info on each product depends on you and your budget.

There is another option for what you are wanting. You could build new webpages in a secured area and pull all catalog info from databases or hard code it and just have the tablets on line through your shops connection. Just a second simple and cheaper thought but not as flashy (Pun intended).

6. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Pretty much make a mobile website, and have a couple tabs on the counter for people to look at it on. You can get a tab for under $200 now.