• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Touching up scratches on your graphics.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
After initially reading this post I took some 3 ml vinyl and I used 8 different sharpies and made boxes and filled them in. One side I applied a 3ml laminate and then stuck the decal on my garbage bin which faces south. That was July 30th. Within a few days incredible amount of fading on both sides, and now almost 2 weeks in, half the colours laminated are almost pure white, the ones remaining are faded bad including black. Might be best to reprint anything going outside over using Sharpies

I agree about reprinting on anything permanent. I would only touch up something temporary, like a one day event corrugated sign or banner that won't be seen too closely.

gabagoo

Here are the pics first is july 30 new left side no lam right side 3 ml lam vinyl is GF 203
I was shocked at how fast both sides faded
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1423.jpg
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1423.jpg