• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tow Truck Lettering

Vinh1219

What Vinyl would you guys recommend for some vinyl cut lettering on a tow truck? Customer wants something that is reflective. Thanks

S'N'S

Anywhere on the back I use straight reflective vinyl, but on doors, bonnet, etc I use normal vinyl down first, especially if I know that down the track I will be the one removing it. Just a bit of a hint.

OlsonSigns601

Anywhere on the back I use straight reflective vinyl, but on doors, bonnet, etc I use normal vinyl down first, especially if I know that down the track I will be the one removing it. Just a bit of a hint.

That is definetly a recomendation I wished I would have done about three years ago.

Removing reflective is the worst.

Mosh

I have been using Oracal (oralite), I like it better than the scotchlite (3M), but it worls well too. The oracal is more flexable material I feel.

SignosaurusRex

Stick to the 3M 680 series or Gerber 280 series. They are the same material. Cast regular vinyl for a base ( w/ outline and/or shadow ) is a big plus now and later both.

DizzyMarkus

Oralite myself -- and wish I didn't find out the hard way about a cast base :0) Worse than security tape hehe.

Don't forget the DOT numbers :0)

Markus