• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toyota Concept Car with Changeable Electronic Wrap / Wrap Future?

kirkbedtelyon

Check out this new concept car by Toyota. Features a changeable exterior. I wonder if they're doing this with an electronic wrap or if it's built into the car body somehow. Crazy stuff.

I've seen some pretty cool illuminated wraps but nothing like this! Is this the future of the wrap industry?

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/toyota-unveils-high-tech-concept-car-1322497031-slideshow/#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Ftoyota-unveils-high-tech-concept-car-1322497031-slideshow%252Fpresenter-explains-toyota-fun-vii-tokyo-monday-nov-photo-113603927.html

Last edited:

Locals Find!

That goes way beyond wraps. Did you read the part in the article where they put touch screen panels in the doors.

That will make wraps obsolete when & if it ever goes mainstream. However, like most concepts it probably won't ever get out of the prototype stage.

signswi

What's sad is that while the idea is kind of neat the execution is terrible. Looks like someone just projecting onto the side of a car, not integrated into the body at all.

Plus the concept body itself is really really ugly. Whole thing looks rushed.