• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tracing in flexi

149motorsports

What is the best way to trace something imported into flexi? i was told put it in black and white then trace, but what does 1/4/ optimol, full, ect mean? when do i use those? thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Start with the default settings and try others from there to see the difference. Don't forget to look under the Bitmap menu for the other tracing utilities that are also there.

Tracing is as much an art as a science. You just need to experiment with what each setting or selection will give you to develop a feel for it. The nature of the results will be different with each different piece of artwork.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Like Fred said you need to experiment with the different setting. Try Bezier under vectorize. It's simple and works well.

jscovazzo

Wow!!

I just watched the tutorial on "vector Magic" I cant wait to try it. If i would have known about that a year ago "The hours and hours i would have saved. THANK YOU! I feel like i should send you a check for the saved time........ But i will not. :Cool 2:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are these cuttable images when they are done?

If you mean by 'cuttable', are they vector, the answer is yes. If you mean by 'cuttable', are they fully usable without further tweaking, the answer is maybe, depending on the complexity. A simple mono-tone image will probably be cuttable out of the gate. A multi-color image may require you to mess around with traps and overlays. It just depends.

jscovazzo

Gotcha.

Thanks. Once i open up the file i can just pull the colors apart. That is great. This is the best site!

Graphics2u

I've tried vectormagic and didn't think it was that great. I mean not much different than you can do in Flexi or Illustrator. At least that's my experience.

Bezier in Flexi works good on low res images black and white or grayscale but for color I like illustratror live trace better. Normally it's just trial and error.