• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tradeshow backdrop

Jean Shimp

I have to make an 8'x8' backdrop for a tradeshow. There is a pipe and curtain set up to hang the backdrop from with S hooks. What is the best material to use? I am thinking 13 oz vinyl will be heavy; some sort of fabric might work better. I don't have a printer so I will be subbing out the job. The background of the backdrop is black and the logo has bright gradient colors. I believe this will be a dye-sub job.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are so many ways to appraoch this job. However, how do you acquire such a job prior to knowing what you're gonna be using or how much it's gonna cost ?? What if it comes in over budget ?? There are so many variables. Also, if you go too light weight, it will be blowing around anytime someone walks by.

Jean Shimp

I use a couple of different vendors on a regular basis. One of them suggested 13 oz vinyl. The other vendor says "fabric". I'm not exactly sure what type of fabric this is referring to. This particular vendor does a lot of tradeshow signage so I am thinking their dye-sub might be the way to go. I haven't done a lot of tradeshows so I was just looking for some feedback from others.

fixtureman

The printer I cut letters for does many trade shows they use fabric and print on it for their scrims. Vinyl has to many creases and doesn't stretch out as good.

Tim4

Fabric all the way

I've done one 13 oz. vinyl banner. (landscape banner below) Bad choice. Hard to handle and store and does not present as well as die sub on 9 oz. polyester. The die sub products are becoming more readily available and at a better price point than just a few years ago.

Please try to find a way to use a pole pocket and pole. If the show has pipe and drape, you should be able to use that to suspend your pole. Wire ties work well.

Attachments

• SnS.jpg
    SnS.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Booth-DC.jpg
    Booth-DC.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 65