• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tradeshow Graphics - Silvering

IIDave

We just did a tradeshow booth for one of our clients and ran into the issue of silvering along the trimmed edges (which is magnified because the booth is 90% black) ... I am sure there is a post about this already, but I am having the damnedest time finding it. If somebody could point me in the right direction or can let me know where I've gone wrong - the help would be much appreciated.

Printed On: LexJet Matte Light Block Polyester (12 Mil)
Laminated with: 10 Mil Lexan (5mil for the end caps)

Thank you in advance!

Offsite pic replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

Attachments

• silvertrim.jpg
    silvertrim.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:

IIDave

woops

Sorry about the image post Fred - it won't happen again.

We are also looking into getting the Keencut Evolution 2 and I was wondering if anybody had any experience using it for cutting tradeshow graphics.

sfr table hockey

How long has the print sat after lamination?

I find that matt laminate can take up to a week to clear up. You can rub every inch and speed the process but it does clear on its own.

IIDave

Friday - Print
Monday - Laminate
Tuesday - Trim

I wanted to have it laminated on Friday - but the client took his time coming in to look at proofs - then asked if we could ship it out Wednesday AM.

sfr table hockey

I think you would see a difference in a few more days. Mine have looked real bad a few days after and yet in time clear up fine. Might just need more time. The bad part of sending it off is that if one or two spots need touching in a couple weeks you are not able to do it.