Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tradeshow pannel trimmer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Speeddm, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Speeddm

Speeddm Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Hi there everyone.

We are looking to purchase an trimmer like a Keencut Advanced Rotary Cutter 100" Just wondering whaqt you guys would recomend.

Tags:
  2. JR Digital

JR Digital Member

Jul 5, 2004
    if you want to trim thick tradeshow pannels, i suggest you dont get a rotary cutter, get a keencut javelin ( mounts onto work bench ), or the sabre. or get a wall mounted trimmer like a seal multi-cut or fletcher. But if you insist on getting a rotary trimmer, the best are Neolt brand. I have 2 and use them everyday.

3. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    I agree that a rotary cutter is the way to go. It will cut long panels in one pass without issues. Just be sure to get a size that is appropriate for the largest typical graphic you cut.
    Hey JR,
    What model of Neolt do you have? I ran an electric one for a while and it was a piece of crap. I ended up having to add a bunch of shims to get it to hold media and it got to the point where I partially disassembled it and ran it by hand. Maybe the manual ones are better?

Checkers

4. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    I was just looking at (on line) the Fletcher machine. Do they require multiple passes to cut DiBond? Is it as efficient as something like a panel saw? (which we have and use)

Looking to cut down on: 1. Noise 2. Sawdust 3. Edges that need filing after the cut process.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.