• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TrafficJet - Blotchy prints only on T-1500D.

timjitsu

Hey guys, I've been working with this TrafficJet/Mutoh VJ 1638x for about 2 weeks now and I've been having problems with the prints looking blotchy on the T-1500D Glass Bead Engineering grade. It looks like as if the ink isn't laying down evenly, so when it drys it looks blotchy. I asked the tech about this and he said that I may need to adjust the material thickness preset in the machine. But I've already tried printing with the head height in low and still the same result. On this job I didn't have to worry about it because they were going to a contractor to be installed in a parking lot, but I use T-1500 for a lot of decorative jobs since most don't like the prismatic look. So if this was for a private development or something it definitely wouldn't fly, so it's something I'll need to fix. What do you guys think?

xIx99PW.jpg

SYuZpyx.jpg

C

ColoPrinthead

I ran into this a lot with the EG when I ran a traffic jet, it is most likely just bad material. Avery's EG isn't very good.

timjitsu

I ran into this a lot with the EG when I ran a traffic jet, it is most likely just bad material. Avery's EG isn't very good.

What's interesting is that I didn't have the "printable" 1500 (T-1500D) when I got this printer so I tried printing on what had on hand (T-1500A) and I got this result. I showed it to the tech and he said it was because I wasn't printing on the printable 1500. So I ordered a few rolls of the 1500D and I'm getting the same damn result.

vyHaE43.jpg

This is what happened with the 1500A, it only was blotchy on the order line, the rest of the print was good.

timjitsu

We get the same results on the EG with our latex, we bump everyone to type 4 (6500 series)

The only problem with the 6500 is that the prism pattern is so busy that if the sign has small letters its very difficult to read. I have a few customers who only want their signs made with glass bead EG for this reason.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The only problem with the 6500 is that the prism pattern is so busy that if the sign has small letters its very difficult to read. I have a few customers who only want their signs made with glass bead EG for this reason.
For the same intensity you can switch to V-4000, it prints beautifully.