• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer Application

Tagdog

We are going to do the sides of a friends trailer. This is one of our first jobs, so we are in the dark. Each side will have a single piece of vinyl between 9sq ft. to 12 sq ft. I bought 3 M control tac but I bought Grimcos 3 mil Overlam called "Eclypse' Do you defeat the purpose of the good cast vinyl with the cheaper Overlam or will it not matter on the side of a trailer?
I really do not know what to charge. I figured 10.00 - 12.00 a sq ft. ?
He has screws on the side of the trailer probably every 16" Should I remove and then put back( it's been suggested by other members) or try and go over them? Will the cheaper overlam cause problems?
I posted about this two days ago, so Im sorry if I'm being redundent. I r just need to give him a price and then we will try and put it on. If I mess it up I'll try till I get it right.
Signs Up
www.signs-up.com

cumbsign

The trailer has screws? or rivets? Seems like it would be a huge pain either way ... taking them out or applying over them.
And sorry no help from me on the overlam ... I don't print. Hope it goes well and hopefully someone on here can give you some insight!

Checkers

Assuming you're using IJ180C and 3 mil calendered laminate, yes, using the 3 mil lam will defeat the purpose of using a conformable vinyl. It probably will cause you a lot more headaches and potential failure further down the road too.
I do not worry about rivets and/or screws and apply right over them. However, make sure they're properly cleaned and degreased or the vinyl may not stick.

Checkers

RSR571

Do not us a cheep overlam I have seen a lot of jobs that the lam. looks like crap a year after the print was installed. Use 3m 8519 with that vinyl. You can take the screws or rivits out if you'd like, it will make it easier to install but takes some time taking them out and putting them back in. 10-12 dollars a square ft. should be fine but no cheeper than 10. I hope this helps. good luck.