• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer design, one side perfect but oh yeah there the other side

SuncitySigns

Hey all what are ones thoughts on the bottom view for this trailer? The top side layout fits perfectly but trying to make it work ( I don't think it ever will ) on the other side is pretty much impossible.
Has any got any thoughts?

:banghead:

TIA

Attachments

• TT Van.jpg
    TT Van.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 120

player

I would start with my rule of never making text slope down. Reverse the stripes and logo. Don't worry that the stripe doesn't continue, stop it after the front, then on the other side continue it around the back. I don't like the blue outline around the letters.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd keep the stripes as is.
Straighten out the down tilting toilet logo horizontally, do the same to the tag line and bring it down away from the window and put it under the logo centered.
Scale them to fit between the window and edge of trailer with some white space all around so it is not cramped.
Colors are pretty loud but maybe that is the way its done down there?

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Mimic the correct side. Start with your text and finish with the stripes. You always want your copy to be first where people read left to right. In China, your method might work a little better.

OldPaint

RED & BLUE............you are a beginner aint ya ))))
that NEEDS TO BE CHANGED before you do anything.
Chromostereopsis

Bright blue and red next to each other can create some interesting effects.
Different wavelengths or colors of light are bent different amounts by a simple lens or prism. This leads to an interesting effect of the eye called chromostereopsis.

Chromostereopsis is what we perceive visually when two colors are placed side by side. When bright blue and bright red are next to each other, one will look in focus while the other will look slightly out of focus. Generally, it is irritating to a viewer's eyes and doesn't look good either. Also, the red will look closer than the blue.

In 1885, W. Einthoven was the first scientist to study the chromostereopic effect. There is a difference between the visual and optical axes. Therefore, light from the fovea will hit the corneal surface at an angle, causing a prism effect. Blue, with its shorter wavelengths, is refracted more than red with its longer wavelengths. Blue light is focused toward the nose, making it appear farther than red which is focused toward the temple.
http://www.eye-therapy.com/Color/Chromostereopsis/

Attachments

• rbbox.jpg
    rbbox.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 96

SuncitySigns

Haha no old paint not a beginner, far from it. Just not going to argue with a client when they are not interested in listening in regards to there colour schemes. :banghead:

Think il just lay the logo out flat with the tagline underneath like Wayne K suggested

Cheers gents

heyskull

The customer is always right..... Until they see it on the trailer.
Then it's your fault!!!!!

I had a client in yesterday and was wanting the wording to read the same on both sides of a vehicle with the letters starting in the same position.
This meant on the other side it would read right to left. They couldn't physically figure out why it wouldn't read correct!

SC

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The customer is always right..... Until they see it on the trailer.
Then it's your fault!!!!!

I had a client in yesterday and was wanting the wording to read the same on both sides of a vehicle with the letters starting in the same position.
This meant on the other side it would read right to left. They couldn't physically figure out why it wouldn't read correct!

SC

Heh,
I thought you guys over there did read from right to left.
Or is that driving?......

wayne k
guam usa

Gene@mpls

SC

Years ago I did boat registration numbers for an old duffer (he was probably younger than I am now :covereyes: ) and he
insisted that the reg had to read from the bow. I could not change his mind so that is the way we made them. Always wondered what the DNR officer that stopped him said about it. He did have enough sense not to come back and try for (free) correct ones.

GoodPeopleFlags

You could redesign the 2nd side without trying to make it "match" the other side. Make it look good on it's own because people can only see one side of a trailer at a time.