• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer Door

kstompaint

We whipped this out quick yesterday in time for the customer to hit the road for a car show.

Attachments

• IMG_2738.jpg
    IMG_2738.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 109

phototec

We whipped this out quick yesterday in time for the customer to hit the road for a car show.

Very cool, is that the photo of the actual car in the trailer?

Did you guy's take the photo of the car in the trailer yourself?

If so what kind of resolution did you use for the photo?

I like it!

:thumb:

cha88

yea lets hear some details my old man is always wanting me to do this with his race trailer...

showcase 66

Have done one like that before and have taken 2 others off after their insurance told them that they would not cover a theft of the vehicle if someone broke into the trailer. Also was told that it was illegal to replicate a state license plate at the exact size.

Looks good though

kstompaint

The customer (my best friend's Dad) gave me a disc full of photos of the car in the trailer as well as photos of the empty trailer. These were just from a regular old digital camera, nothing special. We blew it up and printed to scale from a flattened .tiff @ 72 DPI on our Mutoh 1614. Normally, I'd have done this on Orajet 3651 or 3551, but I had a short 48" roll of IJ180V3, so I used that. There was very little waste, as the seam in the metal was almost in the middle and we printed vertical panels so there's no seam in the vinyl. The inside sides of the trailer are actually raw plywood, so we tweaked that.

CSDD- I feel no differently about insurance companies or the government in this scenario than I do in any other, but I can only properly express that in NHB ;) What if the trailer actually had no rear door, or the car was on an open trailer? Stupid laws & policies.

signmeup, the car is sick. It has a Roush motor (347, I think?) and a top loader 4 speed. It's fast as hell when my buddy drives it and his Dad's not around (it's kept at his house), but the actual owner doesn't properly abuse it.

signmeup

signmeup, the car is sick. It has a Roush motor (347, I think?) and a top loader 4 speed. It's fast as hell when my buddy drives it and his Dad's not around (it's kept at his house), but the actual owner doesn't properly abuse it.
The brother in law's has a 428 in it... dynoed at 480 hp. It's a Factory Five replica. Weighs 2300 lbs. Goes like stink. His is also a 4 speed but I think it only needs 2. :)

signswi

Impressive that the customer supplied the photos and was squared up nicely to the trailer when they shot it. I have a hell of a time getting people to shoot squared.

kstompaint

Impressive that the customer supplied the photos and was squared up nicely to the trailer when they shot it. I have a hell of a time getting people to shoot squared.

Well, it was my best friend, so he knows how we do things. Also, he gave me a disc with about 40 pics on it, so we just picked the best ones.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Who cares about the laws........... :ROFLMAO:

That thing looks great.

The attention given to the shadowing on the hinges and handles is fantastic. It's the little things like that, that sets it apart from just a run-a-the-mill wrap.

V-E-R-Y nicely done and executed !!