Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer motorcycle wrap

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by abadsvt, Jun 22, 2010.

1. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Hi everyone. My family is heavily into racing motorcyles. They decided to convert one work trailer into a motorcycle trailer for the races they go to. They asked me to design the wrap for the trailer. Since its family im not going charge them for the wrap (like they would pay me anyways...LOL) so in return i get to put my logo on the trailer. They wanted something cool is all they told me. So since i really don't design vehice wraps much i thought i would get your opinions. The trailer will be wrapped all the way around just not the top portion. Please keep in mind this is just a rough draft and i am looking for constructive critism. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

Josh

ps. my website isn't up an running yet. Wanted to let everyone know so they don't try and go there yet. Soon though.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Too many bike pictures. One large great shot should be enough. No flow or real composition to your copy. Think super graphic. It looks like a million other trailers with letters stuck on the side.

Think outside the trailer.

3. BALLPARK

BALLPARK Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Radford, VA
    I agree with the poster above on a single image...

I would also blend/fade the image into the background. The background you designed is awesome!

If you are going to use multiple shots of the bike, I would suggest to cutout the bike. I think it would look better and allow you more options on locations.

But you will have you work cutout for you, no pun intended...b/c the bike is already so dark.

Either way... You have a good base for the design!

4. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Thanks guys for the comments. I really appreciate it. I did a quick switch around so let me know what you think. Thanks

Josh

Attached Files:

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    There's no 'Oomph'. It looks like something from a postcard or your kid's scrapbook. I would think if you intend to have people flocki9ng to your website, ya better get some excitement going there.... especially for your own backyard.

When I first looked at the picture, I thought the trailer had two flat tires. LoL

6. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    trim out the bike (don't forget to feather). Also, make your bike going the direction that the trailer is going. Mirror the opposite side also.

7. Sign_Boy

Sign_Boy Major Contributor

May 18, 2007
    USA
    I'd ditch the background image and just use the image of the bike on the track.
    Try to stay away from framing out the pic of the bike.
    Here's a real fast bad attempt at what I was thinking.
    But I think it gives you the idea

Attached Files:

8. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    spelling error - sponsord?

9. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Now.... that has PIZAZZ !!

10. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    The most mis-spelled word in racing!
    Most of the time I see it as: sponcered

11. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

sign boy nailed it

12. stickermonkey

stickermonkey Member

Dec 3, 2008
    take the background away from the photo of the bike. Your background is really good...but adding the rectangular photo takes away from it. Also...you would be able to make your logo larger. One other thing I'd do is perhaps pull one of the colours from your logo and make a splash of some sort behind the bike. :)

13. Sign_Boy

Sign_Boy Major Contributor

May 18, 2007
    USA
    Thanks Gino & Zeth.
    One more thing - work on your URL it could probably use a nicer font. JMO

14. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    I really, really don't like the typography. Ditch the serif. The papyrus logo really bugs me too but I'm guessing that's out of your control.

15. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Getting better and better great, yes signboy got the good action shot going on,
    I liked your background and your copy layout,
    looks like ya can keep improving on this and have a awesome trailer wrap

16. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the comments. Helps me learn.

Sign Boy- like the layout! Very cool. I showed them your idea and they like it alot but they told me that they want something a little less flashy. Thanks though for the idea!!!!!

I have got alot of people asking about the background and where i got it. I found it on the web when i was surfing for a grunge background. Then i added the "Perferated Metal" that i download off a free vector website, changed the color and used photoshop to blend the two together. istockphoto though has a cool grunge background that is high dpi. Its a different color (more of a yellow-tan color) but if i use that background i plan on just changing the color to gray scale. The perferated metal isn't part of it but you can easily add the two together.

I will cut the motorcycle out from the background and see how that looks and post what it looks like. Thanks again for the comments!!!!

Josh

17. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Josh......

In all seriousness, if they don't like that.... there's something wrong with them. They are mistaking a professional eye appeal first class layout.... for low humdrum if they lower their standards to the earlier posts. Your background looks like someone printed a little picture on the back of some perf vinyl. If they want less 'Flash' then tell them to just put some die-cut vinyl on the trailer and be done with it.

C'mon, even the picture he chose has more going on than some guy laying over at turn 4. There's action, suspense and tension all wrapped up into one picture. What more [or less] could they possibly want ??

18. mdjamesd

mdjamesd Member

May 28, 2008
    Timonium, MD
    Why not make the background of the image, the inside of the trailer?
    Make it look like "claws" ripped down the sides, exposing what is inside

19. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Well i isolated the pic of the rider like you suggested and i like it better. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Josh

Attached Files:

20. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    For the tailgate of the trailer i was thinking of taking a pic of the motorcycles parked in the trailer with gear and make that the tailgate pic. Like your looking through the closed door.

Josh